Sunday, January 20, 2008

slugs.


consider yourself warned, this is kind of gross.

so yeah, slugs. and yes, in january.

i'm getting a little better everyday and a LOT of stuff is coming out of my body, which I take as a good thing. I mean, at least it's out, right? That's what I've been saying for days, and it pleased me when my granny said on the phone today too.

however, I'll have fits where I'm coughing and hacking and loogey-ing and blowing my nose a lot, and usually at some point during this process or shortly after it, I see it. I look in my tissue to see the aftermath (which I'm actually supposed to do), or sometimes even feel it as it works its way out of my nose.

a bloody snotty combo with a side of packing--that looks disgustingly similar to a skinny slug.

ew. ew. EW.

and if you think that this mental image is gross and it's totally icking you out? yeah, imagine having that puppy comin' outta YOUR nose.

[shudder].

ps-I think I shall never salt a slug again. I never thought about the fact that you're killing them via dehydration and that all that goo you see oozing out is their blood-type stuff. methinks I'll start to always relocate them. I'd hate to be dehydrated to death, I'm not sure I have the heart to do it to something else now that I know what's happening!

sorry for the grossness.

and on a happier note, I'm going to go take a shower and use one of those menthol-ee vaporizer thingies that you set on the floor.

3 comments:

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

boo for slugs!

YAAAAAAAAAAY for vaporizing showers!!

Turner said...

... I didn't notice before, but was your countdown character a slug before or AFTER this post? lol

care said...

holy crap. it's been a slug the whole time. yikes.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio