Monday, January 21, 2008

i cried in the shower this morning -or- i think i might invest in a football helmet.

okay, so it wasn't exactly crying. more like got all teary and started to cry and then regained control. i was (pretty much) crying due to a) being tired, b)the ickyness o' my nose and c)frustration.

somehow, some way, I am operating on approximately two and a half hours of sleep, and I'm honestly not doing too shabby. it's probably a good thing I'm currently doing all I can to minimize the amount of time I spend in the lab.

but yeah. so after watching greenbay lose, much to the disappointment of matt and me (though more matt than me) we came to my place, worked on the puzzle and watched a little dvr'd tv. and I waited to get sleepy. and waited. and waited. so I took one of the valiums I had left from the surgery. and waited. and nothing. and took some melatonin, got in bed, and was finally able to sleep around 130.

matt stayed up working on the puzzle, since teachers don't have school today, and came to sleep at 4am. (ps, there are four pieces left to put in--it's clear where they go, but we agreed that we'd finish it together.) and I happened to wake up then.

and Never. Got. Back. To. Sleep.

le sigh.

I sat in the bathroom for a while and read Real Simple. I blew my nose A LOT. I tried and tried to sleep. I thought about coming to work real real early, but decided against it in hopes that I'd catch some more z's. Nada. yeesh.

I am SO taking a nap when I get home. Or at least going to bed really early.

and speaking of my nose, I'm going to have to get something to protect it for when I play flag football and softball and any other sport with potential to re-injure my nose. Especially since I'm a catcher, and the likelihood of nose injury must quintuple or something if you're in that position.

I think I might have to invest in a helmet though. maybe. or perhapsI could do the one that ISN'T plastic and doesn't remind me of what my friends looked like when they were wearing headgear or of the sports version of birth control glasses. yikes.

oh, and if you enjoy taking baths on occasion, I highly recommend you trot out to your friendly neighborhood wally world and go pick up some of the village naturals bath salts. I have them in two flavors--the allergy/congestion one I got a while ago and the aches and pains that I got yesterday since it smelled the most menthol-ee. they smell very nice but aren't overwhelming, and I personally like them paired with some fragrance free mr. bubbles. the scents also come in a liquid bubble bath, if that better suits your fancy. and they're about $5 a pop. and I am WAY appreciative of them since hanging out in a bathtub is doing wonders for my nose.

oh and speaking of wally world? in general, not a fan. but since I'm going through bottle after bottle of saline, it's worth going there--this stuff is $5 a bottle at wally world and $9 at cvs. what?!? I mean, I know that they get a discount, but c'mon, that's robbery, cvs. boo on you. I wish they sold simply saline at target, but alas, no.

anyhoo, thank goodness it's almost one. which means the day is halfway over. I think it's just about time to eat my chili, which will be particularly delish since it's chilly outside (seriously, it felt like 10 degrees (F) this morning. that's COLD for raleighwood.)

1 comments:

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

raleighwood. i haven't heard it called that since i lived there! my sister lives in cary, my other sister in wilmington and my dad in wilmington too. what a koo-winkie-dink!

i cry in the shower too. although not because i am having to recover from a painful surgery. mostly? i like to acoustics. sounds like i'm riping the tile of the walls and somehow? that is VERY satisfying.

although my animals beg to differ.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio