Saturday, January 19, 2008

this is totally not worth the read.

hi.

I know some people are prolly going to be upset by my saying this, but I don't like this book. Oh, I liked bits and pieces. and parts. and phrases. Actually, I think I was fairly okay with it until like the last five pages. And then it made me want to punch the author in the face. Ariel and I talked about it earlier this week, and I agree with her. I can't remember exactly how she phrased it, but it feels like they "force" you to be emotional.

there's a love story in here, and it's sweet but realistic, and I appreciate that. but all in all this book gets two thumbs down from me. I mean, I like the idea that your purpose gets confirmed/explained in heaven (that totally didn't ruin the story for you, you learn that on the cover or within the first twenty pages), but I am really glad that this was a short book and a quick read.

not to be harsh. just my opinion. and if you liked it? I still like you. :)

so, I don't have a sinus infection, exactly. I have the aftermath of surgery. and pain in locations in my face that usually indicate a sinus infection. but right now I've just got to grin and bear it unless it doesn't occasionally subside, because really I'm just ultra swollen.

he gave me some nasal steroids (nasonex) to help with the swelling a little, which I normally wouldn't use because it gives me nosebleeds, but hey, it's bleeding anyway, so why not, right?

today I am tired and I feel really gross. I did not go to my youth dinner theatre planning meeting because I didn't feel like it, and I think that was a super duper smart decision.

because you see, well, last night we hung out with Adam, Kristin and Taylor. The boys made dinner (this baked chicken deliciousness (with only 2/3 of the butter the recipe suggested, per yours truly's advice) with roasted potatoes and salad and bread) while the girls sat on the couch, drank wine and watched TV. including part of Center Stage. which is totally worth the watch just for this part. though we all agreed that the hairdos were unrealistic and the lingerie part was weird. especially since her parents were watching!




but anyway.

and we watched a very funny comedian, demetri martin. check him out.

over the course of the evening we laughed A LOT. (which hurt my nose but was totally worth it) uncontrollable laughter is hard to come by. and it was great to see matt laugh so hard, too. and then we came home and went to sleep a little after midnight.

I woke up at 3 to take more tylenol, but only managed to turn off my phone alarm. and then I woke up again at 430 in pain, and actually took the tylenol. and did not manage to sleep again until 630. I read, I had tea, I tried to will myself to sleep, etc.

and at 815, guess what happened? yep, I was awake again. I kept getting hotandcoldandhotandcoldandhot all night long, so I added a long sleeved shirt to my attire. that seemed help. and I slept again until 11 when I got a phone call.

and since then I've been trying to sleep some more and reading. and I finished the book. and when I came downstairs, my furry nurses were here to cheer me up again. normally, gobi is the one who gets scared easily, and when he does, his tail puffs up HUGE.

but today, for the first time ever, I saw hazel's tail balloon up. and it was precious and wonderful and made me laugh again. :) and then she played fetch with me, too.

and it's like they stayed up all night waiting for me, and now that I'm downstairs they're zonked out again. hazel is in an amazon box that I don't yet have the heart to throw away because she fits just perfectly inside it, and gobi is on the back of the couch in a ball. too cute, too cute.

happy saturday y'all. I think I might spend the majority of this one in my pajamas. it's almost 2 now and I haven't even had breakfast! matt has talked about sushi for dinner if I'm up to it, but other than that, I think it's a laaaaaazy day. maybe we'll watch movies. he's still asleep, so I think I'm going to make him some french toast. :)

3 comments:

The Writer said...

One of my favorite movies, actually. Did you know that about me? I'm a closet wanna-be dancer. Unfortunately I did sports instead (but I guess they were a pretty good fit).

You NEED to read 'Water for Elephants'.

NEED.

Glad you're feeling better!

Katie said...

Yes, everyone should read Water for Elephants! ;o) Hang in there!

Ariel and Chris said...

why was that book ever popular? anyway, i'm reading sophie's world now and it's really good.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio