Thursday, January 10, 2008

panic! (don't panic!)
panic! (don't panic!)

I feel like I'm on a see-saw. Or a teeter-totter. Whichever it is you say.

I'm trying to remain cucumber-like, and I'm doing that for the most part, because I'm refusing to talk or think about the surgery for any longer than like a minute at a time. Yes, yes, I will be fine. That doesn't mean it isn't scary. And I honestly believe it's scarier knowing what to expect.

so I'm trying to be all planner-ee and making lists and getting my work done and doing my timesheet and stuff like that. and I'm trying not to think of it. but I'm honestly freaked a bit. well, a lot. I'm just nervous is all. And yes, it will be okay.

Three good things. Number uno--this stuff. It's from Arm and Hammer and I got it at Target. Mary Alise told me about it and I could never find it--until I checked the aisle that's for dogs AND cats. I vacuumed my whole upstairs with this stuff yesterday and, not to be disgusting, but I have never vacuumed up so much cat hair in my whole life. I'm going to buy another couple of boxes and attack the downstairs and the rest of the stairs as soon as I feel up to it. TOTALLY worth the $5 or whatever.

Also, I went to hold *my* camera at Wolf Camera last night, and I think I'm going to buy it there. The price ends up pretty comparable, even with the IS lens, but the best part is the classes--I get 18 of 'em for buying my camera there. I mean, I don't know how many I'll want to go to, and some of their classes are on wednesday nights which will be very hard for me, but it seems like it's totally worth it. AND there are no problems with shipping. AND I'm excited.

I'm debating about getting a warranty plan though...if I do it will only be for the first year. That's one free cleaning and it covers everything. Like even the LCD screen. Thing is it's like $100 a year, and my granddaddy hated hated hated buying warranties, so I feel like any longer than a year is a waste of my money. And also, I will be careful with it, duh!

And (drumroll please) I get to sleep for a whole extra half an hour tomorrow morning--because they moved my surgery back to 10am. Now I have to be there at 8. Which still means leaving my apt at 730. But I'll take all the sleep I can get! non-drugged sleep, that is...

anyway, I'm still feeling a little Jessie Spano (I'm so excited, I'm so SCARED--except I should clarify that my excitement is pizza related) but I'm sure it'll all go away by tomorrow...or the drugs will make it do so. :)

I don't know when I'll let y'all know I did fine, but it'll happen at some point. Maybe I'll have Matt blog for me--he'd LOVE that! ha!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Hope that everything goes well and is less painful that you're remembering! I'll be thinking of you!

melissa said...

fingers crossed, butterbean. you'll be juuuust fine. get back to us when you can. good luck, and happy drugging. : )

Ariel and Chris said...

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! We'll be thinking about you. We know you're going to be GREAT!

Anonymous said...

You can do it put your back into it... (insert me pretend jamming out) You dont need luck, but I'm wishing it anyway. Cant wait for the "I'm a rockstar" post later. :) Also, please post while you're on drugs. I would like that. haha!

Turner said...

I'm excited and nervous for you too Carrie - but we all know you'll be fine. And, on tio of that, you got a great guy all set to take care of you.

Oh, I was thinking - if you REALLY wanted DVDs to occupy your recoup time.. TV Show Seasons are the way to go. Just sayin'

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

prayers for your comfort and a speedy recovery and please DO have matt blog! that would be PRIMO!!!!
((((((((hug))))))))

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio