Wednesday, January 09, 2008

...corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces...

~the postal service/iron and wine

hi. we're 70% done with the puzzle now. we've got everything but the sky, and even some of that is done. since matt had a bit of a crazy night, we're hoping to finish it tonight/tomorrow.

how was his night crazy? short version, his neighbor is more than slightly whack. not violent or anything, but needed help the other day when he locked himself out, so matt gave him a ride and a couple bucks, and now the guy is pestering him. something about seeing his wife talking to another man, etc. he woke matt up THREE times last night. and while I live 25 minutes farther from his school than he does, he's coming over tonight and sleeping at my place, because he doesn't want to have that guy knocking on his door at all hours.

and by the way, it's not the kind of thing you a)ignore or b)call the cops about. it's a nuisance not an issue. anyway...

so, I'm buying a camera. a new one. a digital slr. it's a gift from my granddad, of sorts. I'm getting this guy. I've found all of the parts--body, lens (with image stabilization), memory card, extra batteries, lens cleaner, etc.--and I'm going to go "hold" one today after girl scouts, if I can. And then next week, while I have to sit on my duff for many an hour, I will do a little more looking-into on the pricing, and see where I can get the best deal from a reputable supplier!

and I. Am. Pumped. !.

also, I *think* the lenses from one of film cameras I was given will fit on this one too! I need to check it out for sure, but it should, so that's even more exciting!

also, I need a little help. I need movie recommendations for while I'm at home hanging out. I've already got Explorers (you know, the one where they turn a tilt-a-whirl car into a spaceship?) and Aeon Flux (which I hear is crappy but I want to see anyway) coming, and Matt is bringing over pretty much every movie he owns! (the poor guy is also bringing over his recliner so I can try to sleep in it for the first night! and a tv! yowza!) but I can always use more...

so yeah, recommend movies. I either need have a)likely seen them already or b)not have to think a lot to watch it/have it make sense, as I will be on painkillers. :) so no uber complicated flicks, pretty please. oh, and no crying, please, also, as my face will already be undergoing enough trauma...so thanks, friends!

and one more thing. a guy I know from college just had me watch a video of a testimony about this company he's involved with. and as I saw these people in their expensive clothes (like $80 tshirts) with their fancy house, with "rich people knick knacks" as Otto would call them, I couldn't help but think "you know, that's not even something I want." I mean, do I wish I made more money or had some extra cash flow? Sure. Do I wish I owned a house--with wood floors and lots of windows and a big bathtub and a great kitchen and energy efficient appliances and an on-demand water heater and front load washer and dryer and a garden in the back and solar panels on the roof? Yep. Would I like to be more financially stable? Mmm-hmm. But do I want an extravagant and lavish home with a huge pool and my own lighted tennis and basketball courts and ten plasma tvs and a chandelier?

nope. not even a little. and it was kind of weird to find myself thinking that the whole time.

and? I also kept thinking about how wasteful they were. not that I'm judging you if you happen to be reading my blog and happen to possess all those goodies. but seriously? a multi-bedroom mansion in the middle of lots of land with all sorts of seldom-used amenities? for two people and a baby? certainly not what you need, you know? and likely not green. just being literal here. anyhoo, rambling.

more spreadsheets, folks. more spreadsheets. toodles.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stardust by Neil Gaiman (just came out couple weeks ago)
Once (story of two europeans who use music to bridge their relationship)

those movies are both super

melissa said...

can you laugh at all? and do you laugh at the same things 14 year old boys do? because if you can, then you should watch superbad. over and over and over again. : ) additionally, no one has ever gone wrong with the little mermaid.
p.s. i don't watch cribs. i have feelings along the same lines, and i just get disgusted with people.

Anonymous said...

You'll pay a little more, but a local bricks and mortar retailer or someone like B&H will ultimately give you better service.

Just be careful and check resellerratings.com on any e-tailer you look at purchasing from.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio