Friday, January 04, 2008

i want a party with room fulls of laughter, ten thousand tons of ice cream,
and if I don't get the things I am after i'm going to scream

~veruca salt in the o.g. willy wonka.


so, just got off the phone with the nice lady who asked me about my medical history, and it made me realize that matt is right, because I said these words (in a kind tone of voice) "thank you very much for reassuring me, I know I will be in capable hands, but I also know I'm likely going to be quite anxious about the whole thing, including the needle part."

it's kind of annoying when you prove someone else's point for them unwittingly.

I am extra super really nervous about my surgery that's in a week. It's scarier knowing how I'll likely feel on the way out. I am trying to think of things to keep my mind off of the surgery--I try to "change" what I'm thinking about when it comes up. Any suggestions are welcome.

also, I have a cut on the tip of my right pointer finger. it's from a piece of wire and I got it at work on wednesday. I feel like I must've gotten it EVERYWHERE that would've caused pain--in soap, in the dermabrasion stuff I'm trying a sample of, in the trash while I was cleaning yesterday, I spilled a drop of bleach on it while doing laundry, yeesh! bring on the lemon juice!!! (actually no, please don't!)

I am super duper glad it's friday. This is the longest three day week EVER!

ps-on a happy note, I have lots and lots of thoughtful friends. y'all rule. thank you. :)

4 comments:

Ariel and Chris said...

good luck with your surgery! if you prefer, chris can do it for half price.

melissa said...

hey! you asked about coffee. i really like to buy a pound of pricey starbucks caffe verona or their morning mix, and then another pound of super cheap folger's decaf, then come home and mix them together and return to the original packaging and freeze half. that way the coffee is half as caffeinated so i can drink twice as much without getting all jittery, which i hate. then i drink it with a dash of Sugar In The Raw and a splash of fat-free milk and teeny bit of cinnamon. truly one of the best things in life.

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

i can't remember what your original surgery post said? is it the 7th or 9th? no matter, i'll be speaking to the big man for you...nervous is so very normal. try, if you can, to focus on the relief of the end result!:)

coffee for me? the blacker and more exotic the better! i'm from indonesian stock and my family had a coffee and tea plantation, so i learned early. tar. is. good.

and sorry, i may be showing my age-but gene wilder definately. i love johnny depp but holy smokes he looks like he had some bridge work gone bad! yikes.

melissa said...

dude. these snozzberries taste like snozzberries.
good luck on your surgery, i'll be thinking of you. : )

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio