Monday, January 07, 2008

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-jigsaw!

so, matt and I are gigantissimus nerds, incase you didn't know. we spent a good portion of this weekend watching movies, drinking beer and working on a puzzle of peggy's cove in nova scotia. I'd say we're about forty-two percent of the way finished. :)

and what all did we watch???

Santa Claus is Comin' to Town (I loved loved loved this when I was younger. And Winter becomes not mean?!? It warms the very cockles of my heart, it does!)
Little Shop of Horrors (I sang along to most of this--now, spit!)
Oceans Eleven (mmmm hot men.)
Pirates of the Caribbean (it was a filler, but I still enjoyed what I watched of it.)

yes, really, that many in one weekend! that, and we slept. and slept. we went to bed kinda late on friday night, and matt got up early, but I think by that evening Matt and I had 11.5 and 10 hours of sleep, respectively. We went to Kara's and enjoyed the passing of the blonde moments--with Kara thinking people sometimes called Bandaids Q-Tips, and me thinking they had talked about forcing the six-year-old to enlist in this story. pretty darn funny, I tell you.

after another late-but-not-as-late puzzle night, complete with some punny jokes I'm soooo not going to share, we went to sleep. I got up and went to church, only to come home and find Matt STILL asleep! So I put my pjs back on and we napped for another THREE hours. what in the world? I soooo didn't want to get up, but I had to, because I had to get to youth...

I waited a really long time to post today on purpose. I've got a lot on my mind. I went to the dmv to get my license replaced due to THEIR error (faulty materials--why can't they just issue me a new one online?!?) and found out that their system was down. I got up early for that, people. And then I went to my pre-op appointment, which was oodles of fun. Thankfully, no needles involved.

And now I'm at work, contemplating a major financial decision and waiting for things to heat and filter. I am excited about my plans tonight (hanging out with matt and taking him to potentially finish off his hundred beers) but I gotta tell you, rightthissecond is a skosh annoying.

I am afraid that the dreaded february has infiltrated january and has already brought its funk. I'll know for sure tomorrow. Say it ain't so, say it ain't so!

3 comments:

katandkarl said...

don't let the feb bug get you early! :)

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

as we say in mass "peace be with you".

well, maybe they still say that in mass. its been forever since i have darkened the doorway of an actual mass. fairly certain that the ceiling would cave in if i did. potty mouth and all that :)

february is a punk ass. take it down.

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

amen sister. in response to your comment on my post today. amen.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio