Monday, December 10, 2007

well worth it.

this weekend was a whole whole lot of laid back, easy-going, productive fun.

for starters, I'd like to let you know that I spent nineteen dollars on one of the most worthwhile purchases I've ever made. it is amazing, and just wanted I wanted and worth every penny. it is my new showerhead, which my handy dandy boyfriend installed (which I was happy to let him do, even though I am fully capable of doing it myself) and it is kind of my new hero, in the way that only an inanimate object can be. WORLDS of improvement over my last showerhead, let me tell you. my sinuses and my scalp and my shoulders are quite thankful for this little gem.

and matt got one too, 'cause his showerhead was a bit wonky as well. I made him wait to install it until I tested mine out, but yeah. awesome-tastic.

friday night after working until 745 (no sh*t, people!) I stayed in and cleaned my bathroom while he chaperoned a dance at school, and when he was finally able to come over we had a late dinner at uno's. it was quite funny because the server was simultaneously ignoring my request for my favorite off-the-menu pizza, the chicken fajita pizza (despite my assurance that yes, they could make it, I've had it umpteen times since they changed their menu) and trying to flirt with me in front of my date. very weird. but my pizza was free (a prize from work's canned food drive) and my company (other than the server) was splendid.

and we got to watch half of roxanne (the movie with steve martin, not the show). I forgot how funny it is!

saturday morning after I made breakfast burritos (which, by the way, impressed the hell out of the guys apparently, because it's weird for people to make breakfast or something?!?) we had lunch at armadillo grill-yum!-with kara, sean, jamie and bob, followed by a tour of the big boss brewery.

it was okay, but the dude giving the tour was hung over, kind of cranky and did a poor job of explaining the process, and you were only allowed two beers a piece. the carolina brewing company in holly springs is far superior, if you ask me. better info, better beer, better attitude. we had a lot of fun hanging out on the deck outside and chit-chatting. and both couples are going to let me take their pictures for my website! yay!

then we ran some errands (and apparently one of my youth members saw me at the mall but I didn't see him), I slept in the car while matt went into michael's and we joined the same group (plus sean's friend louie) for dinner at ben's place. next was a trip to the white's, where we drank beer, made from-a-tube sugar cookies and hung out. yay!

by the way, these three couples plus one more will be the ones on the ski trip later this month. it is going to be so much fun!

and then yesterday I slept in (seriously, matt ran errands while I slept!) and played hookie from church (we weren't singing and I'll be there for...hmm...nine plus hours in the next week so I don't feel bad at all!), looked for ski trip stuff (and bought pink gloves!), went to some craft stores and dollar stores and basically had a fabulous relaxing day. even youth went smoothly that night.

and when I got home, I made food for me to take to lunch (taco salad with my leftover turkey--I wanted to make some tortilla soup the Turley way but I didn't have some of the ingredients), baked blueberry muffins and made a cake. because speaking of things that are well worth it, guess whose birthday it is today?!?! :)

I am excited about giving him his present and celebrating tonight. He want a Jersey Mike's philly cheesesteak sandwich for dinner, and we'll either go out to a bar or stay in and watch a movie, or potentially both. I've already called five JM locations to find one that's open late enough (a wrestling match was re-scheduled for today), but I've found it, and I am SO looking forward to this evening! yay!

I also put up my wreath late last week (or was it friday?), so here's a picture of that, too. I need something more festive to wrap around it next year. maybe red ribbon? I LOVE the way it's star shaped. It makes me happy to have it out. Please ignore the dead plants on my doorstep. thank you. :)

and I bought myself some gerbera daisies yesterday. oddly enough, harris teeter, despite its higher prices, has cheaper (and nicer) flowers than lowe's. you get five gerbera daisies for the same price as three! I wanted to get a third color, perhaps white or a lighter pink, but these two sets were BY FAR prettier than the others, so that's what I got! in any case, I now have a pretty new background on my computer, that makes me think of our warm weather. but honestly? I'm really looking forward to some snow!

I went to bed reasonably early, too. yay me!

alright, that's enough parentheses, exclamation points and exuberance for one post, methinks. hope your weekend was twice as fab as mine!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio