Friday, December 07, 2007

[carrie] don't you worry there is so much you have yet to see.
[carrie] don't you worry there is so much you have yet to be.

~apples in stereo

I decided it was high time I use lyrics as a post title.I don't really count camp songs or the Tulsa fight song as lyric titles, so that means it's been a week and a half. totally unacceptable.

anyhoodle, check out the apples in stereo and their new-ish album, new magnetic wonder. a-frigging-mazing.

and speaking of amazing...wow. I've heard many a time (and ready about) how oklahoma has the best sunsets of all the states, which I imagine has something to do with how far you can see there, but north carolina is climbing higher and higher on my list in that regard. check it out!



and while you're at it, check out this awesome pic of a tulsa, oklahoma sunrise that my friend brooke took for me 'cause she knows how much I love the sky. which is A LOT.


I didn't think I'd even get to blog at all today--I've been having to put out fires, in the figurative sense. And I have realized that that is NOT a phrase you should use in a laboratory building.

additionally--happy hanukkah, we're in the middle of it now, right? well jackie's blogs comments made me think of a song my (catholic) big used to sing to me, that her big used to sing to her. mine was "li'l, li'l, li'l, I made you out of clay, li'l, li'l, li'l, I kick you in the face." So not kidding. She thought it was funny. The humor escapes me. but anyway. her big sang " "li'l, li'l, li'l, I made you out of clay, li'l, li'l, li'l, let's go outside and play." I think she got the better one!

and no offense to the jewish customs meant, of course. I mean, the jewish wedding I went to was the most beautiful I've ever seen--or was it the most beautiful bride? I can't recall. ;) anyway, yeah, made me think of that, kinda funny.

and why oh why are there eleventy billion ways to spell hanukkah? I'm just curious.

okay, I'm going to be at work for.ev.er. like, easily until 700 or maybe even 730. but right now I'm waiting for something to finish so I can do the next part.

oh AND I forgot an annoying thing yesterday. when you're expected to fill out info for your college. I got this survey from TU's ChE department a while ago and never finished it. I'll do it, whatever. But I HATE the department chair (he thinks women are stupid. or maybe just me. and misha. and christina. but whatever, he sucks) and I recently got my first piece of ChE mail that wasn't asking me to do something or to give money. At first the notion of just getting info was kind refreshing. And I read about research and all that jazz and then I got to the alumnae section...

And who is all plastered in it? My crappy ex-boyfriend and his used-to-be-my-sorority-sister wife and their trip to hawaii. I am a smidge irritable right now, but I also kind of think this dude deserves (and has I'm sure) a bad haircut. forever. he used to tell me I wasn't capable of being a chemical engineer, like straight out, and I should switch to something that didn't require you to be "intelligent" like "graphic design."

and yes, you graphic designers out there, I agree, the dude sucks. and also, lesson for y'all: don't ever tell me I'm not capable of doing something unless you're 100% certain it's impossible, because you likely won't like the way I respond. ha! okay, end ranting, I swear. but seriously, I'm finally happy to see something the ChE department is doing and then I have to hear about him. phooey!

note to self: he is a part of your path, and it is spectacular being right where you are. chill out.

so, tonight after this one thing stirs and this other thing decomposes and I get to leave, I'm going to pick me up some blueberry beer (it's by shipyard), make some dinner (perhaps cream of onion soup with hawaiian bread, one of my very favorite dinner-for-ones) and not exercise though I'd fully intended to do so. and I will hang out and maybe do some laundry and catch up on TV shows (Life and Gray's, since I don't think Pushing Daisies was on this week) and veg out until Matt comes over. Which will be--get this--after he finishes chaperoning a school dance. awwwwww.

oh and the title? yeah, um, I've been getting annoyed kind of easily recently and I've been getting worried A LOT about money, and thinking a lot about my next steps in my life, and spending a lot of time being frustrated about my health, and I need to remember there's waaay more left on this ride, and that it'll all be okay. :)

also, if I could have pretty sunsets every day I do believe I'd be set. seeing them through the window just totally erases any negativity that's hanging out!

3 comments:

Ariel and Chris said...

There are so many spellings because it's a Hebrew word transliterated into English. The first letter is a chet; it has that throaty "h" sound that you commonly hear in Hebrew that has no real equivalent in English. I think some people write Chanukkah with a "C" to identify that sound. It's also a funny joke we play on gentiles. :-)

melissa said...

yeah, carrie, don't worry. : )

i love those pics of the sunset. although, i think the fact that oklahoma has the best is debatable...

Jax said...

I love the song..and the pics!! :)) I'd kill for a good sunset..or some damn sun. It's so gross here now!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio