Wednesday, December 05, 2007

today I am thankful for bamboo. bamboo and miracles.

well, what--it's true!

so to start off, patty had little davis in the wee hours of the morning today. I saw pictures and he is precious. I am really looking forward to meeting him! I am sure that pictures will go on her blog at some point, so don't forget to check it out! hooray again for patty and darren and their newest member of their family!!!

last night I went to dinner with kara and jamie at waraji. you might recall that the last time I went there the service was kind of crummy, and that I talked to the manager and she said I should introduce myself the next time I was in there. well, we're even now.

a) our server was amazing. attentive and helpful and friendly. and she said to call her mama. I thought this was a joke until I noticed that the ticket actually listed her name as "mama."
b) the sushi was delish. pretty pricey, but delish. I even had eel I liked.
c) after the manager came over to see me she had mama bring me a glass of wine on the house.
d) while jamie and I downed another roll mama brought kara a hot tea.
e) at the end of the meal mama brought the three of us green tea icecream, also on the house.

I will totally go to waraji again. :)

the three of us planned for our ski trip--getting as detailed as making sure we know where the hospital is and dividing up groceries and figuring out what we're going to have to buy where--and we chit-chatted and talked about our guys and how much fun we're going to have.

and then I went shopping. and bought bamboo. specifically, bamboo that had been made into clothing, but, you know...bamboo. so, I've been having trouble with the whole what-do-I-do-about-long-janes (apparently that's what they are instead of johns for girls) because I am allergic to, well, a whole lot of fabrics--polyester, nylon, rayon, wool, acrylic and I think I'm forgetting one or two.

well anyway, I go into belk at 9pm and start pulling cuddl duds off the rack, trying to determine my size and see if the ones that are a cotton nylon combo will irritate my skin. (some weaves and percentages are worse than others) the lady comes to help me, and points me in the direction of, you guessed it, thermal long janes made of bamboo!

I got the green ones--and it's awesome because bamboo is naturally wicking (cotton isn't) and that's kinda extra important for skiing, and it's made from a very renewable source. the jury is out on whether or not bamboo is actually eco-friendly/green because of the part where it's made into fibers, but still. it's at least a step in the right direction. and it's just what I needed! I am excited!

and though they aren't the cutest thing in the world, they will serve their warmth-providing purpose quite nicely, methinks. and they were 30% off, which is always a plus. :) Now that I've looked online I kinda wish they woulda had the blue, but online they cost 30% more AND have shipping, so I'm perfectly content with the green thank you!

so tonight is choir. and running by target to get more christmas cards because silly me didn't count people before purchasing, and therefore didn't buy enough. and then laundry and cleaning. I've kinda been not doing all of my chores, and my room is starting to remind me of this. melissa, if you clean I'll clean, deal? and if I'm a very good girl I get to watch some TV tonight. but only if I clean some first!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're allergic to everything I love!! lol! Teasing, but that has to suck a little.. I like the bamboo clothes.. I also like bamboo. I think I'm going through my "asian phase.." lol!

melissa said...

no deal, sister. clean all you want... but i think i'm going to see if i can get my room declared a biohazard before christmas. : )

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio