Monday, December 24, 2007

[sock] monkey.
that funky monkey.

~beastie boys.

oooh oooh ooh I cannot wait to show y'all pictures. I'm a bit reluctant to try to load them on the computer here, but rest assured, you'll be seeing them.

my dear and fabulous friend tonya gave me a belated birthday present (she didn't "draw" me so getting me a gift is against the rules!) of sock monkey slippers and gen-u-ine, one-of-a-kind, hand made sock monkey. it is ADORABLE.

and it needs a name. little help?

other than that, I'm having a most wonderful time, and I'm only missing my family a tolerable amount. I have had no mishaps, no awkward moments, and I feel very welcome and like I'm a part o' the fam. These people are amazing, you should be so lucky.

hilights so far:
-getting told eleventy billion times how glad tonya is I'm here. It makes me smile A LOT.
-learning about augusta's irish travelers. gypsies, crazy hair, rhinestones and inbreeding. very odd. I mean, people have their own ways of life, and I get that, but some of 'em I just don't understand.
-playing with the little girls--one is almost one, the other almost two. and they are precious. one of them "did my hair" in mass tonight. I was just waiting for all that kneeling business to be finished (since, y'know, I'm not catholic) and it was pretty hilarious. she kept putting all my hair in my face and the pushing it away. and she'd say "Carrie, sit down!" which really just meant that she wanted me to sit so then I could hold her.
-seeing national treasure 2 (good, but not as good as the first) with george and tonya, followed by wine and apples to apples. so. much. fun.
-getting manicures and pedicures with the ladies. I had a leeeetle bit of trouble with the chair and there are a few bubbles in my polish, but nothing big.

only bad thing is I appear to be getting sick. let's hope it runs its course before skiing.

hope all of you are having a faboo christmas eve, and that your christmases are wonderful!

love...

1 comments:

Jax said...

Glad you sound like you're having so much fun!!!! :) Hope you had an outstanding Christmas!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio