Thursday, December 20, 2007

caffeinated mouth jewelry.

we're hoping it's patentable.

so, I'm in the break room making oatmeal for breakfast and a lady from another department asks me "do you think people would call me unladylike if I just put the bag of tea in the side of my mouth instead of bothering to make the tea?"

we joked about it for a bit--about how if the tag hung out and it was pink, and if we could patent it, and then maybe if we could make people think it was trendy they'd buy it. and we'd be rich and so would our company. and we'd call it--you guessed it--caffeinated mouth jewelry.

yeah, this is what we talk about in the breakroom where *I* work. you should be so lucky.

yesterday I got my hair cut. per request, I took a picture. so, here's the thing: I think it looks just fine, but it is not what I asked for. for one, it should be about 1/2 an inch shorter, and for two the layers are too short on top--it's not possible for me to put my hair in a ponytail without LOTS of extra hair hanging down.

I know hair grows, and I know it'll all be fine, and I'm glad that it looks okay, but I'm a tinge annoyed. mostly because, well, since my hair person is preggers and due the 12th of february, I'm going to need to go back again soon, possibly before my sinus surgery. gah.

speaking of preggers, an aside. *begin rant* I am not judging. I am just disappointed. people have sex, it's a thing, and nothing you say or do is going to guarantee they'll stop. (And I would be a hypocrite to rant too much, not to offer TMI, but still.) but for reals, celebrity girls, close your legs and keep your pants on! people look up to you, and you are making irresponsibility okay.

and should you be of the camp that believes that both premarital sex and birth control are sinful, but you're gonna go ahead and get busy anyway, then please just be sinful twice so you don't have to a)potentially consider something else you likely consider sinful or b)have a child you'll resent to any extent.

I can't believe that little Spears, Lily Allen, Jessica Alba, Halle Berry, etc are pregnant and unwed. I know it happens. I do. To really good, normal, upstanding people. Sometimes people who are on birth control. And that same kind of thing can happen to a celebrity, they're (usually) real human beings, too.

But in my (imperfect) eyes, I feel like by choosing to be a celebrity (who is in the spotlight, specifically) you're acknowledging that people to some extent look up to you, and you should be responsible enough to realize the message you're sending.

I don't mean to be all conservative--I'm not. I'm pretty liberal, incase you didn't know. I just worry about the children themselves, and the message being sent to people--especially young girls. It is my firm belief that very few if any 16 year olds are capable of raising a child these days. And certainly not any followed around by the paparazzi. (well, unless dakota fanning were sixteen...but she kind of seems like an old woman in a youthful body and freaks me out a little, but whatever)

And if you happen to have been offended about what I've said, please don't be--because this is specifically a statement about the messages celebrities send by their actions. I mean, unless you're a young, unmarried, pregnant celebrity reading my blog. In which case, hello! ;)

*end rant*

moving on...sorry for that.

other fun things....
1. I finished sending out pretty much all of my Christmas cards. If you, like everyone else I know, may have just said "aren't you a little late?" I would like to respond, "Yes, yes I am, thank you for noticing. Would you hold on just a second? I'ma gonna take your card outta the pile!" Okay, kidding. But seriously, it's the thought that counts, silly. And aren't we supposed to remember Christmas every day?

2. I got mentioned in the Fry family Christmas letter. I am pretty pumped. Not only do I think they had a pretty good one--mostly matter of fact with a side of "yay, my kids are successful--but it had some nice little anecdotes and asides as well. I liked that. By the by, this is the first time I have ever been mentioned in a Christmas letter, to the best of my knowledge.

3. Gobi and Hazel are precious kitties. This morning after Gobi kissed me on the forehead (like he does pretty much every morning) I watched Hazel come up and lick his forehead, and then he licked hers, and it was adorable. They make me smile. And keep me warm!

4. I love it when VS sends out coupons. Last night while shopping I got 5 new pairs of underwear for $15 with my $10 off coupon. can't scoff at a good deal!

5. Matt and I are going to work out tonight. For reals. Right after I have a beer with the ladies. I swear. I am kind of excited because I will see him every single day between now and the 1st of January. And that will be A LOT of fun!

6. I am going to be a baking fool tonight. Pumpkin pie and breakfast casserole! Not in one dish, don't worry! :)

7. Some awesome dude I know sent me this in the mail. Because he's AMAZING. Sterling rules. And? Guess who loves CRR, hmmm?

I leave for augusta in less that 48 hours people. Like, 42. I. Am. Excited.

time to go filter. toodles.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little longer, and 'twould be a spitting image of Scarlett Joahnsson in "Lost in Translation."

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

merry christmas and safe travels!

Jax said...

I agree about the celebrity stuff. *sigh* It's a trend..and having babies should never be a trend. It's like having children to "fix" a relationship. *sigh8 Whatever. Also, if nannies dont raise their kids, I'd be surprised. And.. youd think mama spears wouldve put her little Nickelodean daughter on the damn pill. I mean.. hello brit brit, anyone?

I'm a big fan of you being in the holiday letter!!! I think it's really cute. :) But, uh.. no pressure to Matt.. b/c now half his parents friends are gonna be like "how is that Carrie doing?" lol!

brooke knight said...

i totally get what you're saying with regard to youthful sex and pregnancy. i quite agree, but then i have always thought that something like that was worth waiting until a little older than sixteen to do...so maybe i am old-fashioned in that way. but i think the place we differ is in the "unwed" category. i think it is more courageous to do a "four weddings and a funeral" and be in your thirties and have a child with someone when you are a celebrity and in a weirdo situation like you are, than force your child to deal with a later divorce. particularly when you are a person with a lot to lose financially if you marry and then divorce. buuut, then again, i think they are all crazy and shouldnt be role models, but find myself looking up to them occasionally anyway. it's a weird world. and jamie lynn is starting to look as "ew" as her sister. happy new year carrie! pardon my rambles and congrats on the xmas letter! it weirded me out the first time i was in the knight one!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio