Sunday, November 25, 2007

there is no fly fishing in the princess bride.

let's see, let's see...

well I last told you about my friday of fun, so I'll update from there.

and then, pictures! (well, pictures from before, anyway)

so saturday after sleeping and sleeping (seriously, I slept until noon!) and enjoying the leftover ham (with (non-green) eggs, mmmm!) matt and I set off on some errands...

one for tonya and george--


and then off to the science center! I think my favorite exhibit was the coupled pendulums--swings that would take turns swinging because they were tied together--but the full-length keyboard, the old phones (where matt hung up on me!), fax machine and trace-ee pen thing (harmono something or other) were pretty awesome too.

after that we had a snack at barberitos (like moe's but better!--their family friends the moaks own it, I met them on thursday an I got nancy's approval. :D ), shopped for tacky holiday sweaters (anyone know where we can find any? goody's, target and kmart didn't have ones bad enough. matt has this brilliant idea about covering our sweaters with glue, thereby making them, quite literally, tacky. and yes, he came up with that himself! but I'm hoping to find something less punny), shoes and fleece at old navy.

then a yummy beef stroganoff dinner, blue bell icecream, talking to george and tonya (okay well really matt and george listened to tonya and me talk!), a little jog and packing--what a faboo twenty four hours!!!

and then today--well, today...sigh.

so, as you might've learned, my wonderful boyfriend is a bit of soccer nut. if not, let me refresh your memory. anyway, he had a soccer game at eleven am. in chapel hill. which is, roughly, five hours from augusta. so we left at five in the morning. Five. In. The. Morning. Which is earrrr-leeeee.

I slept most of the time, thanks to my wonderful sleep mask, and once we got to chapel hill I spent the next three hours sleeping in matt's bed while he played soccer. and he came back to tell me--THEY WON!!! Matt got a cool trophy, I wish I'd taken a picture of it! By the way, it was during this nap that I had a dream in which someone said to me "there is no fly fishing in the princess bride." weirdness.

And then, after a little more napping, some yummy mcalisters, and a trip to play it again sports, I was almost killed three times in the parking lots surrounding kmart and target. I know that sounds like an exaggeration, but it really isn't. I actually saw one person speed up when she was hurrying too fast and didn't see me, and another just kept proceeding at the same rate, completely unaware of me OR the other pedestrian. Anyway, I highly recommend you watch closely when you're out and about--people are waaaaaaaaaay too into the hustle and bustle!

alright, that's it. except some pictures from wednesday, thursday and friday...

wednesday--olivia's exit.


thursday-james brown boulevard. matt holding an umbrella.

friday-all from the river walk area. I'm particularly proud of the one of the kids pushing that half ton ball--the diversity in that picture is amazing. and then matt took the picture of mope-ee me next to the mope-ee tree. and the arch picture was his idea, too!










and yeah, that one of me taking a picture? yeah, totally my new fave. :)

and that, my friends, is the update. night night!

5 comments:

Tonya said...

You took a picture in front of our first home -- that's SO sweet! I bet Nancy LOVED you -- did you talk GS with her? You know she was one of my leaders too!

okay, it's late. I should try to get to sleep (took a Rozerem AND a benadryl -- I hate insomnia). I simply cannot WAIT to see you!

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

the mo-pee tree is awesome! so glad that you had a good time and got back safely. oh and party bonus! THE BLUE BELL ICE CREAM!! i'm a bryers french vanilla girl myself! what my ice cream lacks in character? i make up for in MANY, MANY other ways!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pic of you taking a picture!!! LURVE it! Looks like you had a blast...and I heart your red shoes you had on at the science museum. :) Cute cute!

Anonymous said...

YEA Exit 1!!!!

Your pictures made Augusta look so pretty...good job!

Ariel and Chris said...

I love your red shoes!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio