Saturday, November 24, 2007

black friday wasn't black at all.

or blue.
or red.
or purple.
or orange.
or green.
or white.
or yellow.

it was kind of all of them...

I am feeling much MUCH MUCH better. Not all better, not 100%, but there is marked improvement. dramatic decrease in nose-al issues and whatnot. though I gotta tell you--every day of this sinus ickiness has only served to confirm my belief that if my doc says I need surgery again I'll get it--dealing with this in a very miserable way for a month or so sounds waaaaaaaaay better than dealing with this is in a semi-awful way for the rest of my life. yikes.

quick sum up in no particular order: saw south carolina from georgia (across the savannah river--kinda funny that there's no animosity there like there is between texas and oklahoma over the red river), had a breakfast pizza for the first time ever, went to one of matt's favorite bars in augusta, had a sweet water 420 blue beer, ate yummy bbq chicken sandwiches and a salad like rosemary likes it, enjoyed chocolate-covered marshmellow santas and my pumpkin pie with freshly whipped cream, spent time in the hot tub and while on the riverwalk took lots and lots of pictures...both with my camera and with george the second's nikon (film.).

it was just wonderful--with the exception of a briefly moody carrie--but otherwise it was relaxing and pleasant and memorable--and now I can see matt damon on TV in a movie, and that makes me pleased as well.

and I am SO looking forward to showing y'all pictures. Matt and I took some cute ones of us (but MAN I need a gorillapod slr) and he even took some pretty cool one of me using the film camera. and the light and the trees were faboo. and we went to a wine store with the most unhelpful woman EVER.

and now? now it's bedtime. it's kinda scary to think that in, oh, twenty-six-ish hours we'll be heading back to raleigh since matt has to get to his soccer game. what kind of craziness is that, you might ask? well, he has his game at 11am, they're in the finals, it takes 4.5 to 5 hours to get back to his place from here, I am now the owner of a sleep mask and I have been promised sonic for breakfast if I want it (I took note of all the with-sonic exits on the way here--lots of 'em are marked!). so yeah, we're leaving at 5am. and I'm sleeping most of the way. and yeah.

hope your black friday was good and your gray saturday is even better!

1 comments:

Ariel and Chris said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well, Carrie!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio