Thursday, November 01, 2007

so much for...

~telling you the reasons I love october on the last day of the month
~listing out a bunch of scary words in honor of halloween (ensorcell, phantasmagoria, calculus)
~letting you know how excited I was about going to the white's house to eat pizza and pass out candy and watch scary movies
~sleeping
~keeping it together.

work? work has me crazy. how do these people expect me to do all this in a day? I know I'm superwoman and everything, but for real! There are a limited number of hours, people! And time is kinda like money--you only get to spend it once! I feel like they want me to work three times as fast, but thing is, *I* don't even control how fast these things go, they just take however long they take!!! I have worked extra every day this week--and today will be no different. Thankfully, I get to count every single hour because our work is primarily funded by the government, but who knows when it'll slow down enough for me to use them, and really I could totally use a massage and a nap. And maybe a maid.

and then yesterday, after a fun fun evening watching 28 Weeks Later and having yummy beer, and after getting to wear a glow-in-the-dark necklace that matt bought me at the grocery store, (which is kind of a big deal because I haven't been allowed in the general vicinity of any glow thing of the snap-and-it-lights-up variety since I was like ten because of an incident involving scissors, a lighter, the mind of a kid who loves science and my mother's eyeball) I completely lost it. :( I think I'm stressed out. And I don't like it.

okay, carrie--good things, good things.
~it is thursday.
~this weekend there will be camping. and maybe just maybe hobo dinners.
~tonight is grey's.
~there is still one piece of apple pie waiting for you to eat it.
~thanksgiving is in three weeks!

I will come up with more positive things, I swear. but in the meantime I'm not so thrilled. oh, and I'm getting sick. yeehaw.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're stressed, lovely! But, you should know I'm SUPER jealous of you going camping this weekend. Please photo document this event b/c fall is when I totally crave the outdoors. I dunno why.. I want to come visit you. *sigh* All of my plane ticket allotments seem to go to Chicago. Wonder why. hahaha. :) Anyway, it's now Friday so take a deep breath and be jealous of everyone heading to Puerta Vallarta for Jenny's wedding. I am. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh.. and I second Matt's comment.

Anonymous said...

Do you take requests? 'Cause I'd really like to hear the one about the glowstick, scissors, lighter, and your mother's eyeball, please. Sounds very interesting.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio