Friday, November 16, 2007

plen'y of heart and plen'y of hope.

~from oklahoma, the musical. and from the intro to our state song. lyrics here.

happy birthday, state-o'-my-birth! I am so proud to claim you as my origin. :)

the great state of oklahoma turns 100 today. I mean, clearly, it's been around longer than that, and the kind people of the native american tribes have occupied the area far longer than a hundred years, but still. oklahoma is one hundred today. and I am pleased.

I kind of wimped out on the oklahoma facts--turns out they weren't that interesting. but here's a fun tidbit for you--did you know that tulsa, oklahoma has more restaurants per capita than even new york city? we're a testing ground of sorts. and apparently we like to eat. ha! and check this out--our state beverage is milk?!? and our dance is the square dance. nice.

we even have a state meal! "Fried okra, squash, cornbread, barbecue pork, biscuits, sausage and gravy, grits, corn, strawberries, chicken fried steak, pecan pie, and black-eyed peas."

I kind of want lunch now...anyway.

in honor of the day I am wearing my greek week long sleeved white shirt with a Tulsa Alumni shirt over it and my Tulsa sweatshirt over that (it's chilly here!). And I'm drinking from my Tulsa coffee mug. And it makes me happy.

other things.

last night matt and I had dinner at peiwei and then went to brixx for beers. I think we now have 12 or 11 left. we want to make sure we finish it by the end of december--which really isn't that long away! realistically we need to do it by the 21st, or we're going to have to go on the 27th/28th of december since that's the only other time we'll be in town. our server was really cool and giggly and a little like natalie portman seems to be...and anyway, we decided to have our guinnesses to get them out of the way, especially since they were only $2.50 last night.

and she offered, instead, to bring me a black and blue. this kid: it's a guinness and blue moon. and it was surprisingly yummy!

we tried to watch Mr. Brooks, which actually seemed pretty good, but I totally fell asleep in the middle, and Matt was nodding off too. We're going to re-try on Sunday after he gets back from out of town.

other things--let's list them, shall we? first, the negative...

  • I am tired of my job. And of doing stuff that a high schooler could do.
  • I am tired of being afraid to not have insurance because it seems my body is not a happy camper. Apparently my stomach issues have gotten a little worse than they were. Icks.
  • I am tired of being nice. Sometimes I reallyreallyreally want to be Carrie-centric. And I honestly think that's okay. It is very important that you treat others like you want to be treated, yes--but it's also important that you treat yourself how you should be treated. I felt a little selfish thinking this at first, but I keep having people prove to me that I'm not too far off the mark.
and now the positive...

  • I am getting really really excited about the ski trip. like, more every day.
  • I am suuuuuuuuuper extra really looking forward to sushi with marla tonight (my final birthday celebration--well, until sushi in augusta with tonya, anyway!) and dinner with the girls tomorrow. It will be wonderful to see Mary Alise, even if it's just for a day.
  • I am pleased that there will be another interfaith thanksgiving service this year. The last one was pretty incredible. And I think Matt is going to go with me, though he's afraid he'll fall asleep.
  • today is friday. it starts the weekend.
  • I get to get a massage tomorrow afternoon--my first in a long time, actually. I figured it was about time, and it's a huge stress reducer. and it's even better because it's a "medical massage" so they do more targeted stuff. I hope I'm not too sore afterwards--but rest assured, no matter how sore I am, I'll suck it up--mary alise will be in town, and there's some fun to be had!
  • And my new shoes are supposed to arrive today.
  • this weekend I take engagement pictures for the first time in my photographer-ee career-- of marla and justin--it should be really fun.
  • it is now cold enough to wear turtlenecks. I'll be wearing one tomorrow, for sure!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pics? are absolutely amazing!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio