Wednesday, November 28, 2007

my boyfriend is really smart.

go ahead and gag, I'll wait. I've even provided a spoon for you, just incase you need it.

you finished? you sure?!? okay, moving on.

so, anyway, yeah, matt is smart. last night as we completed yet another round of beers at brixx (I'm at 24, he's at 26) he and I talked about my youth group and this lock in thing we're going to do. I was saying how I want to help with the group, but how sometimes it's so hard to want to do it, to give up my time. And we were talking about things the group could do--like if we had a lock out instead (his suggestion, again!)--and I recalled one of the very most fun events I ever did in youth group.

the polaroid scavenger hunt. we went to the praying hands. and had to pile in one of those british phone booths in utica square. and visit the old-time-ee mcdonalds. man, that was fun...

He perspicaciously reminded me that though I don't want to give of my time as much as they're asking, by doing so I may give another person something to remember like I remember the scavenger hunt. dang it! he's right...

so matt-the-smart kept making other suggestions for my group, and they're AWESOME. pity none of the other leaders could make it until 5am, but whatever. anyway, I talked about how he has such awesome ideas and he really is an idea man, and how I think it's fantastic.

and he said, and I kid you not that "all [he] need[s] is a catalyst." um, can I tell you how nerd-ily fabulous that is?!? right.

okay, so that brought us to talking about the photography stuff again, and how's made these great suggestions (a pose portfolio, suggestions for the poses themselves, packages for pictures, etc) and I told him how I'd had this dream a few days ago...we were a little bit older and I was a photographer. and he was my assistant. well, sorta. (I didn't want to call him "assistant" but he insisted and it became a huge joke but anyway) so we'd go to weddings and take pictures on saturdays, y'see. and matt would help me and point out ideas for good shots so I could actually take them, and in my dream, well...

so the couples always knew that matt and I were a couple. the brides always ate it up, thinking it was so cute that we were working together. and in our contract we'd listed only one requirement--a period of time where there'd be no pictures, not to exceed five minutes. and during this time the two of us would dance. at every single wedding on pretty much every saturday.

need that spoon again?

oh and speaking of weddings, check this out. just be patient, k?






other tidbits--my nose is the same as before. the doctor finally got back to me, but they're not really sure what to do (and they seemed to think I was crazy when I mentioned the estrogen cream that someone kindly suggested, but I'll have to mention it again...), but they did tell me on friday when I get my CT scan I need to make sure the tech takes me to see my doctor, 'cause they want to take a look-see. so maybe I'll know something on friday...

3 comments:

a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

i dreamt that i was pregnant. when i woke up? i was. :)

i bet matt ends up being your husb ERR....assistant that you dance with at all the weddings your photograph.

the vid was AWESOME!!!

Ariel and Chris said...

you're right. i did gag. but in a good way of course! :)

melissa said...

THAT is absolutely adorable, although i'm glad you provided a spoon. : ) i'm going to see the dentist now... all the sweetness has given me an instant cavity. later gator. : )

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio