Wednesday, September 12, 2007

photophotophoto

so, apparently I got motivated all of the sudden.

I just mailed off picture submissions to Our State magazine and I entered two photo contests online today. And tonight I'm cutting the boards for the photos, mounting the ones I already have and then making some 5x7 ones just incase darn winkflash doesn't get me my 8x10s in time.

seems like everything just clicked, eh?

yeah yeah, I know I know. lame jokes from carrie. you know you like 'em.

I've already had two fun softball games this week, and tomorrow promises another. Pity that I have choir tonight or I'd be attending a 4th game in four days--that's CRAZY! But it's good exercise, especially since I usually play catcher.

Monday night's game was my first I've been able to make this season--for my church league. It was right after my Communications Committee meeting (which I'd tell you about but then I'd begin ranting and get red in the face and I'd like to just avoid that, if you please) but there was one noteworthy part. So, I played catcher, big surprise, and this tall dude came up to bat and ripped the ball--and our shortstop LEAPT in the air to catch the line drive. Seriously jumped like three feet or something. And he caught it.

As the guy came back by the plate to collect the bat I was holding out for him I said "that was a really good hit, he had to jump really high to catch it. seriously, good hit."

That's halfway through the game. At the end, after going through the "good game" high fiving, three of the other women on my team started yelling my name--'cause dude wanted to tell me how it was so nice of me, and how he really appreciated that I said it, etc. The other women were all "ooooh, he wants your nuuuum-beeer!" It was pretty funny.

and then I made a point of avoiding him even though he was staked out right by where I'd have to walk to leave. a little much? maybe. but it made the situation go away, and that's what I wanted.

Last night's game was a CLOSE one--we won 13-14, they had a runner in position to score and my friend nick fielded the ball to get the runner out at first, and now we're guaranteed third place in the tourney--but let me tell you, we're still shooting for first!!!

here's our team from yesterday. including jim's daughter hannah, who is ADORABLE and very polite. and who hits better than I do--but I don't think she's old enough to play on our team yet, so she's our "mascot."



and do note my shoe--COVERED with chalk.



It was so dry that the dirt got EVERYWHERE and made me look kinda tan--well, until I took off my knee brace, then you could tell it was just dirt. :)

tomorrow is tummy test two. I hope it goes smoothly, does not make me sick, yields results that better "explain" my situation and that I get to play in tomorrow's softball game. I realize that's a mite bit to ask, but it's not totally unreasonable, right?!?

and check out this band. we're seeing 'em on friday. them and some other group--and one of 'em is friends with matt's friend, but I don't know which. but anyhoo, I like! makes me think a little of cake and the indigo girls and bare naked ladies or something. random combo, fo' sho.

anyhoodle, that is all, and happiest of hump days to you.

1 comments:

melissa said...

maaaan i wanna play. : ( hope your test goes all right!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio