Tuesday, September 04, 2007

jack nicholson, gorillas, lemons, toes

and those, my friends, are haunting. *

so, we kind of ate our way through tulsa. well, sort of. I mean, there was talk of actually visiting all of the various food-oriented businesses of note. but then we talked about how there will be future trips (!) and that kinda blew the whole must-go-everywhere mentality out the window. No, it defenestrated that mentality. :D

so, the sum up:

saturday-
-uneventful flights, thank goodness!
-we got there, got my luggage and went to lunch at big al's with cody and jessica--the newlyweds! I also gave them their wedding present, and I think they liked it. :)
-stopped by my mom's and hung out for a little bit. met coca and cola who are the new and adorable kitties (who I failed to get a picture of) and played with gracie
-went to the wondefulness that is hobby lobby, followed by a bee-double ee-double-are-you-in. silly oklahoma and their liquor weirdness.
-had a weber's rootbeer. matt commented on how it's interesting that the seemingly standard colors for rootbeer are brown and orange. it's true, you know.
-went to my granny's to shower in standing water (plumbing problems=ick. I could give you a whole post on this nonsense, but suffice it to say, it was a problem of sorts the whole weekend and we ended up showering at my mother's on sunday)
-went out to dinner at the deelish spaghetti warehouse with syd, tom, kari, mike, stephanie and natalie
-went to the pour house with syd, tom, heather, brian, roger and melissa (the last three I only kinda sorta know, I met the guys at caravan when I was out with jackie, but it was awkward to say the least). tom used to work at this bar, and there's a drink named after him that he insisted I buy. :) the drinks are really really strong though (I almost said "stiff" but I think that would make a dirty pun) so beware!

and here are some faboo pictures!






sunday:
-brunch with my granny at first watch
-a visit to my granddaddy--I brought him a porter peach. man they're yummy!
-a trip to ace hardware followed by yardwork at my mom's while I washed the dog. matt volunteered to do this. because it needed to be done and he knew he was easily able to do it. have I told y'all I think he's fantastic? I surely do.
-showers followed by a trip to the center of the universe. which was not quite as neat as I remember, but still pretty cool. although I now realize we didn't do the two-person part of it, oh well. we took all sorts of fun pictures there. and I learned that harvo-dearest doesn't grasp the concept of including the background. but we did get one like I wanted, so that's good. matt and harvey also refused to walk unless the sign said "walk"--which means they stood in the middle of the street! silly boys.
-dinner at the one, the only--Zio's Italian Kitchen--which is just Zio's for people not in the know. I had NO IDEA they had locations in six states--and tonya, there's one in colorado springs!
-and then, for the culmination of the evening, we played a faboo game--apples to apples. matt and I are both going to buy it for each other. so. much. fun. and per usual, my mom kicked our butts. but we had so so much fun playing. you need this game. and you can see you to play here, but the gist is that you have nouns and there are adjectives that everyone plays a noun to--such as the title words for haunting.*

monday:
-matt and I had sonic for breakfast
-we went on a fruitless search for postcards
-we took an arby's roast beef sandwich and a jamocha shake to my granddaddy--and he really wanted a picture of the two of us! it was super sweet. :)
-bought purses from gordmans (people like my green one so much that I got them their own!)
-had mazzio's with the fam for our lunch and took some pictures with anna. too cute, huh?
-went to the airport and on our merry way back to raleigh.



1 comments:

brooke knight said...

well that's weird.
1) i didnt really realize this was the weekend you were in tulsa. looks like a good tulsa time!
2) i was actually at pour house on friday night!

glad you crazy kids had fun!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio