Friday, August 31, 2007

tum, tum-tum-tum, tum, tum-tum-tum-TUM!

so, in carrie-world that's funny. y'know, like dum, dum-dum-dum. in the movies or tv where somebody's solving a crime?but, um, about my tummy right. anyhoo.

man, I really feel like I'm getting the run-around in this whole medical-advice department. it's kind of infuriating. and if my tummy weren't already hurting, I'd say it made my tummy hurt. but, well that's redundant. oh, and TMI alert, but I find it INCREDIBLY unfair that I am having the privilege of dealing with weird stomach issues and cramps at the same time. damn womanhood. love it, but sometimes? wanna scream about it...but at least I'm not a maniac this time. :)

so, all day today I've been REALLY excited and doing the yay-i'm-going-to-tulsa-tomorrow-and-matt-is-going-too-happy-dance. it's a good thing too 'cause if I hadn't been in an uber positive mood I might would've e-yelled at my project director. he's totally trying to break my crayons. and you know how I am about my crayons.

ps, aren't these COOL?!?


but anyway, I'm pumped for t-town. this trip promises, in addition to the fine company of my friends and family, deeelish food: tex-mex, spaghetti warehouse, yummy brunch, hobby lobby, mazzio's pizza (vedros I'll have some for you!), and, most importantly, this:



BECAUSE IT'S IN SEASON! WOOOOOO HOOOOO!

I. Am. Extra. Excited. (especially after my last ration of bluebell was accidentally squandered at an afternoon event.) so it's nice to know I can have more by this time tomorrow if I want!!!

also, right now I am extra thankful that matt is a movie-fanatic and a fellow science nerd. it's quite splendid, really. because he brought this little gem over to his still-on-the-mend-carrie, and he still enjoyed watching it even though he's seen it a dozen times, AND we got to talk nerd the whole time. it made me happy.



oh and one more little great thing from yesterday. For the trip I was told I could use my granny's car instead of getting a rental--which is great, except that, well, it's not the most reliable car, it's a wagon, which=hard to maneuver, the back passenger door doesn't open and the window is permanently down so it's covered in plastic, and using her car meant that my mom would have to come get us at the airport and then take us back there on monday, which is a lot for her.

but, it's always good to save money, right? so I told myself if I could get a rental car for less than $50, I could do it, since it's more practical, fuel efficient, more reliable and it would let my mom relax instead of exert herself. and I was able to priceline one for $49.23. :) but this isn't the best part of the story--no, the best part is when I told my granny about it, and she was telling me how spectacular of a deal that was, and how I was definitely my granddad's granddaughter--moreso than any of the rest of the grandchildren. And seeing how my grandfather is one of my favoritest people in the world, this totally made my day.

i'll be taking my computer to tulsa, but no promises on blogging. depends on the fam. but wish us luck! and if you have any oooh-matt-should-see-this ideas, let me know. though it's kinda lame, I think we're going to venture to the center of the universe, for the pure scientific joy of it. maybe I'll take my siblings with us....

ps-yes, I have a new layout, and I'm glad you like it. it's simpler and easier to read, no? me like-ee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree with you more about Hobby Lobby- love it! Why aren't there any in Raleigh?

Have fun on your trip!

~Elizabeth J.

SJ said...

The "dum-dum-dum-dum" thing is from the theme song to Dragnet.

Check it out! It's great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-51V4blhxY

care said...

thank you thank you thank you, man, I thought about what it was for like ten minutes. all I could remember was that it was from a murder mystery investigative thingie and that my grandparents watched it.

agatha christie? maxwell smart? something or other theatre? (not masterpiece, I think)

anyhoo, thanks!

Ariel and Chris said...

have fun, carrie! tell matt we say howdy.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio