Monday, September 10, 2007

it was a funny little spark

~portastatic

so, good news. today I feel the best I have in two whole weeks. let's hope I get a call today saying "nope, not crohn's" and then good results from thursday's dye drinking, shall we?

I didn't have a chance to tell you on Friday (and the story below should explain why) but I got this INCREDIBLE package from tonya, Matt's sister-in-law, in the morning. It had sundry goodies and totally made my AM. Vintage aprons, tea towels and rubber gloves, oh my! And some potpourri in vintage hankies and pictures of tinka and hans, tonya and george's cute kitties. Adorable, no?



I cannot decide if I like the strawberries or the rooster better. I think rooster, but then the strawberries are so dadgum cute! Now all I need is a tiara!

overall the weekend was pretty hilarious, and I had a good time even though it got off to a rough start. Y'see, Friday I was at work until just a skosh before 8pm (not on purpose!) and though it's awesome that I get to take those two extra hours and not have to use PTO for two of my appointment hours on thursday, staying until 8 on a Friday blows.

thankfully Matt did something he doesn't usually do and planned our evening since my day had been craptacular. we had (non-spicy) sushi and watched national treasure, and then stayed up for a long long time trying to decide which pictures I should submit. we decided I need to do five of these six. it was a hard call, but these are probably 1)most unlike others that will be submitted and 2)don't require you to "really look at it" to see what's good. he kept having to remind me that my pictures don't seem novel to me 'cause I took 'em (case in point the daisies from underneath). I've had all these printed and they'll likely arrive wednesday--when I'll mount them all and then make the final call of which to take out.



thanks mucho for all of your input, by the way!

saturday was brunch at bob evan's, where I'd never been before, and which is an unusual thing since Matt usually has AM soccer games. and then he earned some serious points by taking me to a place in hillsborough near his school where I took all these pretty pictures. it kept alarming him that I wanted to stand in the middle of the road to take some of these. I do wish the hay bale had been closer to the mailboxes, but that's okay...


and then it was to kara and sean's for sean's birthday party (their last party was where we met--six months ago in a week!). some highlights...
-we played beer pong and matt was on a team with a pregnant woman (don't worry, he did all the drinking for her!)
-my teammate and I heel-clicked every time we sunk a ball (and by we I mean me.)
-we played flip cup--and some of the drunkards insisted on labeling the teams "poles" and "holes." classy. and, I must admit, hilarious.
-matt and I closed down the party. we were the last people there, and it was only 1215. granted, we got there 2 hours later than a lot of people, but people started leaving about two hours before we did, so it all evens out. we are hardcore, I tell you!
-I told some baaaaaaaad jokes--about the chemist who wants to be a gravedigger, the man who hears voices in a bar, elephants in a cherry tree and my personal fave, the little red ball. Someone should stop me!

oh, and the pictures from the party? yeah, not taken by me. taken by drunken boys of various parts of their anatomy. joy. hence me not sharing them.

sunday was busy too--church (and the choir sang), lunch with Matt and his sister Kat after picking her up at the airport, youth group and a church bbq and talent show (and the choir sang at it too). I met an older couple, some of the Sullivan's friends, who had lived in ft smith and who had NO IDEA how old I was--people really guess I'm anywhere from 17 to 32. It's crazy! Matt has the same problem, and we both talked about how gray hair and wrinkles won't be such a terrible thing. ha!

I spent some time last night painting as well, but so far I'm not very happy with it. But that's okay, it's just paint, and I used panels instead of real canvas, so that's cool too. And I got to talk to Katie while I painted, and I liked that too!

and gobi and hazel were cute. per usual. see?

2 comments:

Corrie said...

I didn't get to comment on the pics b/c I was on vacation, BUT you picked my very favorite to submit anyway...It is the fall tree with pretty colored leaves against the BLUE sky! LOVE that one! :)

melissa said...

look at all those goodies...
i hope you get good news back from the doctor. fingers crossed ON THE REAL.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio