Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"you look like a comic kind of person."

~the nice lady at the company store.

yeah, we have a company store at work. y'know, with logo emblazoned items--tshirts, coffee cups, letter openers, and the like. and they sell stamps. which is extremely convenient. :)

this is like the third or fourth time I've asked the kind lady for a book of stamps...so here's how our convo went:

me: "I'd like to buy some stamps, please."
nice lady: "oh, a whole book then?"
I nod.
nice lady: "you want the forever stamps? ooh, or do you want the comic stamps?"
me: "yeah, I want the comic stamps!"
nice lady: "oh good. I'm glad I asked. I don't ask most people, but you, you look like a comic kind of person."

ha.

um, and sterling? that's entirely your fault.

really, I'm less excited about these than the old ones, but I do like it very much that they say "chapter two" on the bottom. clever people.

and I want these. it makes me happy to put pretty stamps on the mail . and I hope it makes you recipients happy, too. :)

6 comments:

SJ said...

I didn't know those were out!!!

I'm so going to get some tomorrow.

Corrie said...

I also get a huge kick out of buying pretty stamps! And I always notice when someone sends me something with a pretty stamp on it!

brooke knight said...

oh my god i want those stamps! ughhhh, i hate going to the post office .. but that is so ooo worth it.

Nick said...

Very cool, thanks for the stamp info...I wonder where the hell the Post Office is in Buckhead.

BTW, Since you missed our softball game for the GS...I would like to put in an order for 1 box of Thin Mints, 1 box of Do-Si-Dos, and another one of Tag-a-longs... :)

Ariel and Chris said...

Philately!

C. said...

I have superhero checks, if that counts :-)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio