Tuesday, August 14, 2007

where have all the [junior mint]s gone?

~paula cole.

okay, well maybe she was talking about cowboys...but I think it's possible she might feel just as strongly about junior mints.


so, let's back up.

friday was the homemade gourmet--I got to see a bunch of my sisters, which I do enjoy. always. and then marla, anda and I went back to my place to enjoy some yummy wine. yaaay!
saturday I ran errands. (aka went shopping) and went with marla and kara to see hairspray.

it starts off a little slow, but once it picks up? yaaaay! um, except for one part kinda sucked, but it had nothing to do with the movie...y'see, saturday I went to the grocery store to get the fixin's for some yummy taco salad, and while there thought to pick up a few snacks for the movie (against the rules, I know, I know, but I soooo don't care). anyhoodle, I was craving some yum-tastic junior mints. they're a movie theatre staple, after all!!! and lowe's foods did not have them...

I called marla, who was on her way to my house, and who was stopping at a gas station along the way to pick herself up some treats, and asked her to grab me some. strike two.

so, I resign myself to paying $2.50 for a tiny box of junior mints when I'm at the theater. after a little bumpy adventure we find that they don't sell them either! wtf?!?

york peppermint patties are a decent substitute, but they still aren't better than the real thing (not coke, junior mints).

anyway. more about sunday later...

1 comments:

Ariel and Chris said...

Kramer: Who's gonna turn down a Junior Mint? It's chocolate, it's peppermint--it's *delicious*!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio