Friday, August 10, 2007

longer than my forearm.

oh, lenora would be proud. lenora, one of the kd founders, that is. not like you knew that, 'cause, well, most of you readers aren't kds. but you get the idea.

so me? today I've spent a good portion of the day working with, nay wrestling with this membrane reactor doohickey that has these GIGANTIC fittings on it. you know, of the kind that would require a forearm size wrench? riiiight. I totally need a massage. and a glass of wine. and I'm sure that my wrench-wrangling totally qualifies as striving for that which is honorable, beautiful and highest. as do the grunting and the curses I was shouting at the top of my voice saying under my breath. faboo, I tell you, faboo.

over the last two days I have learned that one of the guys next door to me (whose name may or may not be lewis--there are two guys, one of 'em's named lewis and the other I pretend to know his name and I spoke to the guy's brother so I'm not really sure but anyway) has had his car vandalized and then his apartment broken into. I know this beacuse Lewis or NotLewis's brother came aknocking on my door and inquired if I'd seen anybody doing anything suspicious, and explained the car/apt sitch. I politely said, "No, I haven't. Um, do they know who it was? Was it malicious?"

and at that very moment, my friends, is when hazel dearest rushed straight out the door. glory.

a she-cop rolled up, asked the dude some questions and tried to help corral hazel into my apartment despite my repeated explanations that NO, if I just open the door and ignore her she'll come in--it's the attention she likes. but I look occasionally to make sure she hasn't run off. thanks for your help though--no PLEASE don't shine the flashlight under my car--you're ENCOURAGING her!

it is hard to appear to be an upstanding citizen (even if you are one) when explaining that your solution to having your cat escape is to let her hang out until she makes up her mind to come in.

did I mention that this was the same evening I accidentally took a two and a half hour nap and that I'd only woken up twenty minutes before? glad I'd bothered to change into no-I-didn't-sleep-in-these, really! clothes. yikes.

and yesterday, when my apartmentmate came home she said that the crime scene investigation people were there--but no Grissom--all checking the place out. thank goodness it's not random. sorry, I know it's selfish, but I'd be waaaaaaay more freaked out if I knew that my apt was more at risk. you know you would too, don't hate.

I am so glad it's friday. I've been doing the yay-it's-friday dance all day. If not in person then in my head. I even made somebody's day by telling 'em it's friday today. If the weekend were tangible I'd give it a big ole sloppy kiss. And soon, very soon, it shall be here... :)

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio