Wednesday, August 08, 2007

[two] hot to handle, [two] cold to hold.
or
or one million, fifty one thousand, two hundred minutes...

as of today I have officially been working at are-tee-eye (I no longer type it out 'cause it's google-able) for two years. Two whole years. Which kinda sorta freaks me out, ever so slightly. Mostly because this job is sooooo not what I expected it to be. Not even a little.

but at the same time? I'm also kinda glad for the experience.

yesterday, for the first time in a looooooooong time, I enjoyed a game of putt putt. most of you don't happen to know that, in general, I loathe, hate, detest and abhor the game. because I usually lose. and while I'm a pretty good sport, I'd like to think, I don't enjoy playing games where I know I'll lose every single time, especially if I usually lose due to a)frustration, b)people being jackasses or c)people being jackasses. natalie dee sure did put it in good cartoon-y form for me, see?

(y'see, the last few times I've played have been at the beach, and the folks I went with were ever so slightly ruthless about it and wanted to hurry hurry hurry and putt putt is not a game to play when you're in a hurry and if it's in the daytime I'm too hot and getting a sunburn most likely and anyway...icks.)

but on to more positive things...not only did I ENJOY putt-putt, but I actually did WELL. like, I only lost to Matt by three strokes, which truly isn't anything (I'm used to losing by waaay more than that). I would play putt-putt again, and do so happily. It probably helped that he decided to balance the golf club--on his finger, his hand, his foot, his chin, his chest. silly boy.

and then we watched half of Hot Fuzz. I know Turner loved it, and I'm looking forward to the second half. It was 1150pm when we turned it off, and I was about to fall asleep on the couch. We're still trying to figure out when we'll be able to watch the rest since he goes out of town tomorrow.

and speaking of hot...it's a scorcher here in NC. So hot that they called off our softball game. dude, call us pansies if you like, but at least we're not going to be wilted pansies. and, I mean, when the company policy states that you can't play if the heat index is over 105 at 230 pm on gameday, you really have to take them seriously when they call it off.

today's heat index in 27709? one hundred and fourteen degrees. that's a temperature with FAR too many syllables, methinks.


3 comments:

Ariel and Chris said...

What were you expecting at arrrteeeye?

care said...

not this...I guess what it really boils down to is that I really didn't expect was to be SO looked down on for not having a PhD. that has been quite frustrating, especially because most of the time being an engineer of any education level is an achievement, not a disservice to you.

ugh.

melissa said...

i'm a total peeping tom. i read your blog pretty much every day. i hope that's okay. : )
p.s. that sucks about your job. degrees are not the only evidence of education.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio