Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"get out of my dinner!"

~eloquently and amusingly said by heather blagg. (the other option would be gross to you, not funny, trust me.)

yesterday was awful busy for a monday, and today? well, today's a friggin' weird day.

let's begin with yesterday, shall we?

~kara and I got pretty pedicures. both kinda orange-ish-pink-ish. we're too cute for words now. ;)
~I went home, changed and I, be-spectacled, met my be-mohawked boyfriend to go to dinner at lilly's pizza--which has the most amazing crust you've likely ever had in your whole life. I'm just saying...and, I should tell you, we went there to meet Heather Blagg, a TU alum and fellow popcorn distributor (picture of which you never saw but are below--from june) and her friend Andrew who lives here.
~we went to the flying saucer of raleigh, where we sweated our all the beer we drank, discussed the relative sizes of the waitresses (which really varied quite a bit, surprisingly), terrible pick-up lines (such as "do you like muffins?" "yes" "well, that's good 'cause I'm a stud muffin!" or another one I can't remember but will have to add later, or "I know where I live, wanna see where I sleep?), giving blood and my terrible habit of absconding with pint glasses (though it my defense, I've asked about most of them).
~got home far, faaaar too late. and talked to my mommie on the phone before going to bed (which is unusual, but I had to tell her some exciting news...)

...which is that Matt and I are really truly a-comin' to Tulsa over Labor Day Weekend, yippee!

and then today--we shall list these with letters, 'coz that sounds good to me.
a) I woke up before my alarm feeling all awake and stuff. (um, and then went right back to sleep and snoozed twice, but whatev)
b) I went outside to take pictures of my daisies and water my plants and all (aside, why do my plum and beefsteak tomatoes fruit but my cherry tomatoes do not?) and I walked through a spiderweb. icks.
c) I get to work, start doing stuff and manage to get rather soaked due to a miscommunication between my project director and me. I was right, though. And I had to go home and change. PS, that's what I get for wearing a UNC shirt (even if it is a KD shirt)
d) later in the afternoon, as I am moving a gas cylinder my boss's boss's boss is the one who holds the door for me. that was awkward.
e) I made paige look silly because I looked at a picture and didn't say what she said... there's a picture on my work's photo archive that is of someone smoking crack. he looked like john lennon (which was what I said) but that wasn't what she was hoping for. oh, and I forgot to mention--this all transpired in front of our boss!
f) also, the heat index today is One. Hundred. And. Ten. Degrees. what the hell?

I'm kind of looking forward to today coming to an end...and, um, sorry for all of the parentheses...hope they weren't too bothersome.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo on labor day!! I'll be in LA with Aaron! *sigh* I'll be here Friday night though.. I dont leave til Sat. :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio