Monday, August 20, 2007

and he ain't seen me crazy yet

~miranda lambert

so, I feel like I should tell you about the rest of my weekend, because, well, it was splendid. amongst other things...

I bought four kick-ass tickets to the shins. just like I expected to. ticketmaster is slow, but the tickets are awesome, so I'll let it go. i. am. pumped.

I gained a new respect for mothers. I know that sounds like a hell of a statement, but I did. I finally got to meet Mr. Samuel (see pictures of his cuteness here), and he is a precious, wonderful baby. I didn't mean to stay so long, but after he smiled and watched my bangs (and cried) he fell fast asleep in my arms. But now, and even later that evening, I have to admit that my arm and shoulder HURT, 'cause holding a nine plus pound weight-in-the-form-of-a-child is a waaaay harder task than you'd think. I mean, I held Harvo when he was a baby, but I was eleven, and I never ever held him for nearly that long...this is a shout out to all you moms out there. wowzers.

saturday evening was a busy one. I made some of my (in?)famous homemade pizza for ten ladies and gents. and now I have OODLES of wine. and i'm so not complaining. :) I bought some, people brought some, it was splendid...and once dinner and social time was over we went out to meet some of matt's friends downtown (and stayed out waaaaaaay too late) and I got to wear my dino shirt--we figured we'd even out the extra dressiness from the night before...

and on sunday marla came to church with moi, and we saw something we'd never seen before (dude, this man got vicious in the middle of the service, he's upset about the mini makeover for our church or whateve and he was ANGRY and spoke up during WORSHIP and proceeded to keep speaking even when our pastor jay politely asked him to wait until after the service. it was a SCENE. if you think I ever say things at the wrong time, this man makes me look like the model speech giver). after church we enjoyed a deelish brunch at bogarts (yes, that's twice in one weekend) including mimosas--yum!

then came the panhell meeting--which made me waaaay less freaked out about being president, and then I went to matt's. and do you know what's funny? and then not so bad? these two things, I'm hoping you can figure which is which.



and tonight, after a youth meeting, talking to my aunt candi and a trip to wally world (WHY can't I go there without buying crap I don't need?!?) I am pleased to say that I located my glasses. which I've been looking for for days. which were oh-so-conveniently placed atop--get this--a pair of going-out jeans (I have work-jeans and going-out jeans) in my closet. because they soooo belong there. but at least I found them!!! I was kinda freaking out!

oh and, I downloaded some good music.
1. miranda lambert (gratia tibi, melissa)
2. stephen kellogg and the sixers (et tu, sterling eagle eye, gattlin' gun, lying g.a.t.e.s.)

right. bedtime. and, um, maybe some reading. yeah, that's it. fifteen minutes of reading before eight hours of sleep. also, was it subliminal that I just typed eighteen hours of sleep?

oh oh AND. I think I finally know what my "pregnant" dreams are about. i've a hunch they're about my relationship with matt. I had a dream saturday night that I was pregnant and he and I were playing scrabble and it was one of those boards where you end up with a whole glob of letters spelling three or four letter words all in one block. and he played the word "hoe." and after looking it up, it seems that my dreams are all about laying the foundation for our relationship, and doing things that aren't *normal* for me (but are quite good for me and for us, I believe) and things like that. so yeah. nice to have those figured out. :)

okay, my kitty cats are already asleep, so I'm hoping they'll just crash and not wake me up...we shall see, eh?

hopefully this week gets less hectic. I'm extra excited about friday. and it's only tuesday. this will likely be a long long long week.

1 comments:

Cody C. said...

It's interesting you talk about Scrabble in dreams... I made a comment the other day, regurgitating something I read that said that you can't read words in Dreams. That you can look at it, and look at it, but you can't actually READ the words you see.

I think Neil Gaiman said that on his blog, recently...

Anyways, interesting. Maybe scrabble is the key to unlocking dreams.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio