Monday, August 14, 2006

top ten reasons this was a good weekend.

1. brooke apker knight rules. Thanks for telling me how to re-stretch this bad boy. I also now know how to frame my paintings. I’ve never done that before, and now this one looks awesome, too (didn’t take a new pic though). I didn’t like the amount of sky at the top, and now there’s less. :) See her pretty art here, by the way.

2. Gilmore Girls season 3. Need I say more? I also watched the rest of Big Lebowski and some good eps of Sex and the City. Now that I’ve finished Six Feet Under (man, that last one made me cry!) I need a new tv show addiction.

3. My friend Frances had her baby—Abbey Nicole. She’s so little and already photogenic. Yay for new KD legacies!

4. Mary Alise and I had sushi and went shopping. I now have a pretty rose quartz ring and two super cute tees from delia's on sale! The Alice in Wonderland one is really cool, and the on the dino one the tails wrap around the back. I like it.We had an excellent time, per usual. And I can't wait for beefmasters with her, Michael and Otto.

5. I talked to Sterling and Renee (not at the same time, though). I like it when I get to talk to Sterling. Time differences can make it hard to talk (he’s on the left coast, I’m on the right). So it’s nice when we get to, even if sometimes we have to talk about un-fun stuff. And Renee? I miss her a lot! She’s moved back to Texas and is about to embark on her next big adventure in life. Yay, Renee!

6. I bought two new phones and returned one of 'em. Don’t buy the Pantech 300 one. It sucks. It's cute and little, but it's bad news bears. But the Razr?
It’s cool stuff. And now there’s no more weird delays when I place calls OR when they’re answered. I like it. The pink razr is so not cute though. Which was mildly disappointing. It says a lot that all three of the guys working in the store had razrs. And it was cheaper there than online! Yippee!

7.
I got hit on when I didn’t feel like I was having a “cute” day. This is always nice. Even if the Target guy was creepy and old. The other was not creepy or old, so that’s good.

8.
I saw Otto. It was brief, but I got to see him in-between trips. He is traveling SO MUCH. Double boo. But it was nice to see him even though it was not for very long. He'd been in Canada since Wednesday, and now he's in Connecticut. At least I can call him there.

9. I painted a whole whole lot. I like doing that. I’ll get to do it more this week, I think. I don’t always know what to do with these bad boys. I love painting ‘em, though. And I may have sold my first piece to one of my co-workers. He requested and I painted, and once I finish it we’ll see if he likes it or not. And then I have to figure out how much to charge. Not an easy task, for me at least.


10. I slept and slept. Mmmmm mmmm mmm I love sleep. And tonight I take step one in learning how to quilt! I'm excited!

7 comments:

brooke knight said...

yay! glad it went well- and i like the painting A LOT!!!! i think it is my fave of yours!

Anonymous said...

That Alice in Wonderland shirt is so cool. I like Alice...and Wonderland. Though I think the original drawings from the books are so much neater than the Disney versions, both are cool. And the book, awesome.

Thanks for the well wishes for my cats. Things are much better than I thought, though I don't think they'll be hugging and cuddling any time soon! I got Feliway and I dunno if it's helping. We'll see. Today Miaou let Tabbi lay at the head of the bed while she was at the foot. I dunno if it was because she wasn't aware of Tabbi's presence, but it's progress!

David and his friends SO got me addicted to Buffy. Love the Grr Argh. David said someone did it in an episode, but I'm not sure which one. Right now I'm mid-season 2.

SJ said...

The Grr Argh? It was in Bargaining, the Season Six opener. Tara said it. Tara...that you've not met, because she shows up in Season Four...

Buffy-ed!
SJG

care said...

you forgot about the monster part.

care said...

also, thanks brooke. glad you like-ee. :)

Anonymous said...

So you guys are just all Buffy fanatics, huh? What has David gotten me into?

care said...

you'll thank him later, I swear. Maybe not right after the branding, but eventually you'll be glad you listened to him... ;)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio