Tuesday, July 24, 2007

you can't please everyone so you've got to please yourself

~ricky nelson

I read the rest of Harry Potter. And it was good. Not what I expected, but well done, nonetheless.

work is making me lose it a little. we don't have enough stirrers or pH meters, so that leaves me sharing them. which is fine, I learned that in kindergarten. but if you combine that with a 1-2pm meeting, it makes for an early lunch and a longer-seeming day for carrie. bleh. I hate eating lunch early.

remember a while ago when I was all--hey, I'm cleaning my whole kitchen, this is weird? and I didn't tell you this but last thursday I decided to take everything out of my kitchen cupboards and organize them, which was also quite strange for me. well saturday I decided to clean my room. like my whole room. like my entire closet and then my room. I got rid of shoes. And almost everything that says it's a size 2 (though I did keep a size 1 dress from old navy that's still plenty comfy, weird, huh?).

yesterday evening after finishing the potter-ness I did something that I'm not sure I've ever done--I vacuumed. my. closet.

now, for those of you who, unlike my friend renee, have never seen my closet, you may be thinking "man, carrie are you a huge slob?!?" the answer is no. I just have too much stuff. enough stuff that last night renee was amazed that I was cleaning out my closet--"carrie, I understand" she said "I've been in your closets!!!"

yeah.

all I need to do now is vacuum the room, move the white couch up there and put away some clean laundry and some purses, sort the stuff for goodwill and vacuum over there too and I could practically host a get-together in my bedroom. this is crazy stuff people. but know what? I kinda like it. but shhhhh don't tell anyone, I'm not sure I'm okay with sporadic intense cleaning becoming a habit. ;)

also, jax is right. yeesh.

1 comments:

Jax said...

OMG!! I understand.. I have SO much stuff and not enough closets in my older apartment. I even have a standing clothes rack.. b/c I have too many boxes and crap in my clothes closet. *sigh*

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio