Thursday, July 26, 2007

enjoying the plum fantastic.

so, I haven't even eaten either of the plums I purchased last night but I'm already getting excited about it. picture this...

I'm in the grocery store picking up a few odds and ends--hawaiian bread, gouda cheese, a bottle of white wine, tomatoes, feta, carrots, a red bell pepper and apples--when I stop dead in my tracks in the produce section and think "man, what IS that smell?!?"

Detective Carrie thinks--"it makes me think of my grandparents. And summer. And being outside. And holy moly, it's the smell of a plum!"

elementary, my dear watson, elementary. riiiiight.

and anyhoo, I had to go and buy some immediately. also, I love buying produce. it's one of my very favorite things.

this morning seems to be the complete opposite of yesterday morning--I began yesterday with a hefty dose of manual labor okay, well maybe not hefty in the way that means I dug a ditch, but I *did* carry six bottles of ammonium hydroxide into the building and up the stairs and into the lab, and they were heavy. it wasn't the liter of the liquid itself, but those damn glass bottles, and carrying four of 'em at once.

yaaaay for being sweaty. le sigh.

next time? I'll use the cart. Which someone so conveniently informed me of after I had already carried everything upstairs. Except I'm not sure it's a good idea to transport the chemicals in an elevator (closed area + harmful chemicals=bad news bears) but whatev.

also, I'd like to share with you two brilliant ideas I had yesterday. I didn't think they were that novel, but the people in the church meetings thought they were faboo!

1. when trying to get info to quite a few teenagers, send text messages. but do it via email. incase you didn't know, you can send texts via email. teenagers check text messages. they aren't so hot on email.
2. a craft idea--you know how you can make paper beads? well, we were talking about crafts for VBS (I'm in-co-charge of crafts, big surprise) and we decided that paper beads were too complicated for a lot of the younger kids, but maybe the youth group would be interested--and here's my fun idea: make sure that each 2 inch piece of paper has a word on it--like courage or intelligence or strength or honesty or whatever--and let the youth pick out the words from the pile. they could be words that represent them, or things they wish they had, or whatever. and then the keychain/bracelet/whatever would be particularly meaningful for them...

kinda makes me want to do it.

also, now I want a tiara. and a vintage apron.

okay, well, I have an apron that's not truly vintage but appears to be so (though look how cute and adorable some of these are!) but I certainly don't have a tiara. I told Matt this yesterday and after he laughed and told me about how his aunt has a set (just like tonya does, it is her brilliant strategy) he said if he knew where to find one he just might go get it, it sounds like I would enjoy it.

and come to think of it? I would. :)

tonight: we're watching harry potter 5 and having mcalisters for dinner, I'm pumped! but first I must endure hours of filtration, co-precipitation and an eye doctor appointment, where they're prolly gonna have to dilate my eyes, yuck. time to let the filtration begin since it's all done stirring, yippee!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "word bead" idea is fantastic! As for the apron, you'll have to email me your address -- I think I have just the one for you...
I am now going to pour a nice glass of wine, crank up the volume, and get moving! Thanks for the inspiration!

By the way -- my word verification for posting this note is ykyph -- fitting for my chemist friend --Yucky pH -- made me think of your ammonium chloride, etc. ;)

brooke knight said...

holy crap i am in love with those aprons! i might have to buy one right.now.

Ariel and Chris said...

you know how i feel about vintage aprons - i plum love em.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio