Monday, July 23, 2007

oh, harry.

I'm still not done. I'm at page 674.

lessons learned:
1. cats make excellent reading companions, particularly on my new couch. see 'em both?

2. do not under any circumstances check to see how many pages this bad boy holds. the answer is 759, okay? otherwise you might learn things you didn't mean to. you may remember that I'm a skip-to-the-end-er, but this was a book where that wasn't happening. except in looking to see how many pages long the book was, because the text was close enough to the number, I learned something I kinda wish I hadn't. so, I'm not ruining it for you, but I am telling you, there are 759 pages, just take my word for it.

3. i am not the truest form of harry potter fan. i took a break for sushi dinner (to go) and watched a movie and dessert and wine with my roommate and her friend (1408, key lime pie and this scrumptious dessert wine) on saturday and then on sunday I went to church, then had softball from 2-4, then ate dinner with Matt's parents and hung out with him for a while.

none of which made getting harry potter finished any easier.

but tonight? I'll be finishing it dadgum!

4. this one's not harry potter related, but it's still a lesson I learned. I am so so so appreciative of people who realize the nuances in perception, and that how you feel is how you feel no matter how much sense it makes. I'm a lucky girl, I am. Sometimes a frustrated girl, but even while frustrated? Still lucky.

ps: the sky was pretty yesterday afternoon.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio