Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"you're like a strawberry daiquiri--people should just drink you up!"

~the best hair lady ever, my dear cheryl

first off, this picture is old. like, from mid-may or something. but I finally figured out how to make my phone send pics to my email. I had a beer at the Village Draft House in Raleigh, and this is what the foam looked like--I kid you not. It made me happy. :) doesn't it look like it's winking?


so, let's see...what now...

I went bowling with Chris.
and had lunch with my grandlittles (well, two-thirds of my grandlittles--and no, they weren't missing appendages, one of the three wasn't there!)
got my hair did by cheryl who made my day
tried to buy a t-town shirt, but alas, the place closed at 3pm on monday--I'll try again!
went to the Lyon's Indian store to get fun stuff for the gift I've gotta give
took a siesta (hey, I'm closer to mexico now, it's justifiable)
had mazzio's for dinner with the fam
saw a tomato plant being grown at mickey d's--I mean, there were stakes and everything. what?!?
and went out with an old high school pal o' mine, michael hulett

so, I have to say, mooch & burn in downtown tulsa is BRILLIANT. oh, the atmosphere is okay. they people there seemed nice enough, but most okies are. but their monday night entertainment? AMAZING! like, a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

know what they do? well, if you do, you can just hear it again. they have a spelling bee. nay, a drinking spelling bee. it goes a little like this--you buy in for $5. they give you a shot. the owner reads from his (new world) dictionary and tells you what your word is. you spell it (and you can write it down if you want, which is kinda cheating, but then again this isn't all hardcore). if you're right? you get a shot. if you're wrong? you have to buy in again to play, and you get your buy-in shot, too.

and? someone gave us cheese. like, american cheese in one of those plastic packets. it was kinda yummy. or I was really hungry. one or the other....

it was awesome. extra awesome, even. two of my fave things--spelling and beer. :)

pictures. then I'll be going to brunch with my granny and embarking on the multi-state picture taking trip!






ps. we did VERY well. except that I didn't spelling rhinoceros correctly (with a U, oopsie!) and michael lost on beelzebub, even though I told him he didn't need the extra vowel he added in. oh well. still LOTS of fun. :)

3 comments:

Ariel and Chris said...

Druknen sbelling zounds lik phun!

Anonymous said...

YAY for MAZZIOS! Ashley Vedros is reading that and salivating right now.. lol! :)

brooke knight said...

i'm in shock:

you havent blogged since tuesday.

i didnt get to see you while you were here and that sucks

you hung out with michael and then he added me on myspace this week- i forgot that you knew him. tulsa is so smaaaaaaaaaaaaaall sometimes!

oh and speaking of michael, wendell is in "who's afraid of virginia woolf" in tulsa. how dope is that. i might just have to go see it.

love you tons and glad you had a good time in tulsey.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio