Monday, June 18, 2007

the hammer.


so, a lot of you know this about me--in pretty much any sport I'm either reallyreallyreally on or reallyreallyreally off. that's how I roll.

on friday the operation: set-up didn't go as we might have hoped, but it WAS a lot of fun. except for the part where I suuuuuuuuuuucked at bowling for the first game. like, got a 46. and and and? I threw the ball backwards. yeah it was awesome, I laughed so hard I cried. good lord.

anyhoodle, we're three frames into the second game (one of which I'd rolled two gutters, go me!) and james says, "alright, it's your turn now, hammer."

and know what? I bowled a strike. I continued bowling strikes and spares for the remaining frames of the game, except for a 9 and an 8. Not too shabby. Not too shabby at all. I ended up with a very respectable 112, and Matt and I were the best bowlers that game. cool stuff.

here's a blurry picture of me post-game. pity you can't see where he crossed out my name and wrote "the hammer" instead. from now on when I bowl, if I have a say in it, my name will be TH. :)

2 comments:

brooke knight said...

eeeeeeeeeeveryone has done the drop-the-ball-behind you thing.

plus, you have to bowl at least two games before you are warmed up- i usually score between a lame sauce 100 and a totally weak 60, so i know what i am talking about. oh AND the more beer you drink, the better you play. to a point, of course!

Turner said...

So... was "got a new boyfriend" Carrie-code for "I'm going to stop blogging as much"?

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio