Monday, June 18, 2007

beers, brothers and a boyfriend.

oooh, AND an engagement! hooray for Renee and Mike! I can't wait to see the ring!!! :)

so, saturday I was bizzzzy with bachelorette stuff, getting games and decor and stuff. and buying makeup of the actually-make-my-skin-look-practically-flawless persuasion. and finding shoes. which I'm not sure if I either love or hate. I need an opinion, but I think it's an in-person kind of thing. they're cute little wedges, I just don't know if they're cute on me!

then my boyfriend matt and I [yes, I said boyfriend. :) ] had some yummy dinner and went to see the avett brothers play. they're a pretty universally-likable type of music--a combo of country, grunge, bluegrass, rock and who knows what else. and anyone who can sing, play the guitar/banjo and play percussion at the same time while incorporating an upright bass, a cello and a violin kinda makes my day.



plus, they put on a gooooooood show. all sorts of dancing and movement and wow. we had fun. and drank a lot of heineken. and had good talks afterwards. :D

and on sunday morning I got a huge compliment. our pastor asked me to stay after church to talk to him for a bit, and he wanted to know if I'd be willing to be one of our three youth leaders. I need more info, and I need to think about it, but it's definitely on my list of things I want to do in life. It was pretty awesome to be asked, though.

also, sunday was three months for matt and me, so we had a little dinner o' celebration--we sat outside on the patio and enjoyed some yummy spicy ranch chicken wraps (thanks for the recipe, katie!) and I made some zabligione that turned out sickly sweet. and he brought me some pretty flowers. cuteness indeed.



i am considering beginning to pack for Tulsa tonight, or at least begin setting out clothes and stuff, 'cept I've yet to look at the weather. maybe I should do that, eh?

my goodness I am sooooooo looking forward to friday!

1 comments:

Renee B. said...

actually-make-your-skin-look-flawless (i think that was the name) make-up? tell me more!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio