Tuesday, May 15, 2007

what a deal!


so, usually I try to eat healthy: lots of fruit, lots of water, good lean protein, whole wheat bread, the like. I often drink soda with my lunch, but I usually don't drink the whole can, and that's usually the only soda I have and I try to go for izze or iced tea when I can.

i take my vitamins, try to limit caffeine and only have it before 1pm, etc.

but sometimes I get in a mood, or I get a craving, and unless it's for something I can't get here (like blue bell or mazzios) or unless it's suuuuuuuper terrible for me, I usually give in to the craving.

(this week I'm operating on the i'm-playing-three-softball-games-this-week, therefore-i-can-eat-whatever-i-want mentality) anyway, I decided to get some poptarts. my toast for breakfast just wasn't cutting the mustard.

I went the to vending machine downstairs, where they had strawberry poptarts for 85 cents. It would not accept my quarter, and I noticed there were no lights on in the machine.

Someone in the breakroom said that others were having trouble, too, and I should try the one upstairs. So up I went.

they had strawberry poptarts for 80 cents. and hey, if a penny saved is a penny earned, then a nickel saved is great!

I put in my quarter. and my other quarter. and my other quarter. and my dime.

and got back a dime AND my poptarts.

lesson learned: go to the vending machine upstairs, 'cause it's cheaper AND you're burning calories walking up the two flights to get there.

:)

2 comments:

Turner said...

you put mustard on your morning toast? gross

Reddiekim said...

You're evil. I was in the grocery store this morning and just couldn't walk by them. I tried so hard. I even stayed away from the Cinnabon frozen apple pie, but NO I had to pick up the box of strawberry poptarts, didn't I? Well, at least I got the low fat ones ;)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio