Thursday, May 17, 2007

a team with two
singing soprano
diddlediddledumpling
crying like a little girl with a skinned knee
potential roommate
bein' nerdy

et al.

but not in that order.

yeah, yeah, I know, I know. I didn't post yesterday like I was supposed to AND I left a box of poptarts visible for those of you who succumb to not-so-subliminal messages. I should be shot. Um, or you should buy me one, whatev.

right. annnnnnNNnnnnyhoo...

so, I heart words o' the day. in college I used to learn a new word daily. i hate word-o-the-day desk calendars though. then you can't think "that word sucks, I'll learn a different one." it doesn't work like that.

today's word that I like? flagitious. isn't it swell? I'm going to call me nights out drinking flagitious times. I'm pumped about this word. pumped, I tell you. I shall add it to my wordie. Which needs new words.

***what are your favorite obscure words, mmmm?***

right. moving on.

our softball game on tuesday night was AMAZING. we seriously had an incredible comeback. nick makes it funnier here, but the gist is that we came back from being 18-2 in the third inning to win the game 20-18! We got 15 runs in the bottom of the sixth to take the lead. It was awesome. If we continue to gel like this we're basically going to be unstoppable!
it ruled. I heart softball. please don't buy me the charm though, okay?

i also went to the dentist and saw THIS. wtf, mate?

like, seriously, bartlesville friggin oklahoma? you've GOT to be kidding. like, the frank lloyd wright office building is neat (but that building gives me vertigo) and woolaroc is pretty damn cool, but c'mon! now, if you're living in OK or a neighboring state (say, Kansas) or within a few hours drive, okie doke. but this was next to adverts for cruises and beaches and safaris!

yeah, I'm totally going to take a safari to bartlesville, ok. rock and roll, people. goodness me.

(but now I do want to go take pictures at woolaroc when I come to tulsa. anybody wanna come with me?)

so tuesday night I cried like an ittle wittle girl. I watched the final episode of Gilmore Girls, and it was just what I would have wanted.

You saw the great characters in true form, many things were resolved, the banter and pop culture references were great and it was so sweet. Seriously, I just kept reaching for more kleenex.

And then I called and left Sterling a message about how I hated him very very much. (for getting me into the show, dontcha know?). But that I loved him too. Odi et amo, mea amicus. :)

apparently it was so funny he saved it. if you ask him all nice-like maybe he'll make an audio file and share!

in other nerdiness, I finally bought this:

and I also bought a kaydee license plate frame to negate some of the uber nerd. just temper it a little or whatever, you know? i'm looking forward to getting it, it will make me smile, fo' shizzle.

also, I kept noticing this man on my street. he lives catty-corner (kitty-corner to you northern folks) from me on my street, and he clearly needs someone to take care of and/or to talk to. he has a daughter my age, and he's just a really nice guy. I think next time I bake I'm going to bring him some or whatever I make. I saw him outside this morning talking to another person in our complex who was walking her doggie, and I thought about my friend John. y'know, diddle diddle dumpling, my [friend] John... :)

last night I went to TWO church things. (overachieve, much? ) one of 'em was softball, which the other team forfeited. I started to just join in the practice, but realized that I could go to choir instead of skipping it. and I'm glad I did.

there were four altos, two basses and two tenors at practice, so joe asked another lady and me to sing soprano. we did. and I told him how previously I'd been told that maybe I was in denial and was actually a soprano. joe said, know what? maybe you are... and he asked me if I might move up to soprano 'cause they could use another strong voice.

oopsie. now I've gone and done it.

finally, I've got two potential roomies I'm looking at. I met with one today for lunch, and she seems like we'd co-exist just fine. I hope to get this all sorted out sooner rather than later, and to find someone who I'd be okay to live with for another 14 months. I really really really like this not-moving thing, and I totally want to continue with it if at all possible. cross your fingers for me.

i cannot wait for six pm. cannot. friggin. wait.
happy thursday, folks. oh, and don't forget to tip your waitresses. :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I cried during the GG too. It was so good. I'm going to miss that show so much.

Also, Flagaticious sounds like it should be in the song Fergalicious. Which is now stuck in my head. Thanks.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio