Friday, May 25, 2007

mattie's got a new pair of shoes.

okay, well, now all of Mattie's tires are good to go. I don't like paying for the tires, but I sure do like driving on 'em.

I am starting to get a little...mmmm...let's go with melancholy. not woebegone, but sad and thinking-of-old-times-ly.

it makes me think of graduating high school. or leaving college and oklahoma. because now, quite a few of the people that make the triangle area my home are moving. oh, not all of you. i'm lucky enough that I can't even name all of my friends here in one breath. but today marks the day when people really, really are going. and it makes me feel like I'm starting a new chapter, and like part of my family that I've made here is leaving.

and I will miss them.
terribly.



(ps, four of the ladies in these pics aren't moving, well, in addition to me--audrey, olivia, kara and misty)

at the same time? SO excited for them. excited for their new adventures and their new stories. excited that they're beginning the next phase. and TOTALLY excited to go visit. (plus, three of them are moving to states where I haven't any pictures... :D)

last night I watched Music & Lyrics. It's kinda cute and kinda funny, but maybe woulda been better in a theatre.

I am excited for the long weekend. Not sure what all I'll be doing, but I can pretty much guarantee two things--there will be pictures and there will be drinking. ha!

enjoy your memorial day weekend, dearies.

1 comments:

C. said...

I'm reading Secret Life of Bees, too! Have you ever heard of Etsy.com? You should get a shop there. They have neato stuff.

-stina

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio