Friday, May 25, 2007

i know a place...

y'know how sometimes songs pop into your head, ones that you haven't thought about for years and years? and you find you still know the words?

this one did just that. hellllllo, camp tallchief? this is carrie calling. she spent lotsa lotsa hours with you, mmm-hmm.

i know a place where no one ever goes
there’s peace and quiet, beauty and repose
it’s hidden in a valley beside a mountain stream
and lying there beside that stream
i find that i can dream
only of things of beauty to the eyes;
snow-capped mountains towering towards the sky.
now I know that god made this world for me
one can imagine himself as in a dream
climbing up a mountain or down a small ravine
the magic of the peace and quiet always shall stay
to make this place a haven every day
oh how I wish I never had to leave
then all my life such beauty to receive
now I know that god had made this place for me
sitting in silence beside that mountain stream
i thank god for the beauty of my dream
the friendships i have made here the joys that have been mine
the chance for love and caring 'neath the tall straight pine
oh how i wish i never had to leave
then all my life such beauty to recieve
now i know that god has made this world for me.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio