Friday, April 06, 2007

a visit from a familiar friend.

yesterday afternoon I was visited by an old friend. we've spent countless hours together, going to parties, taking naps, eating meals--you name it, we've probably done it together. when this friend is around there's no separation, no leaving, no "alone time." he even goes to the bathroom with me! and though I always manage to forget exactly how miserable and icky this friend makes me feel, when he comes around I find my mind suddenly flooded with memories from days of yore.
who is this friend? Mr. Sinus Headache, that's who.

le sigh.

He made singing the cantata last night kind of miserable, but relief set in around, oh, 8pm. but this morning? back in full force, dammit. I sooooo wanted to stay in bed, sleeping in my cute'n'comfy pajamas and snuggled in next to my kitty cats. Even Hazel's "making biscuits" wasn't so bad. all I wanted to do was turn off the alarm, sink back in and blissfully sleep. but alas, that is not to be. however? sooooo not going to softball practice tomorrow. I'm sleeping in! I'll just go to the batting cages before the game on Wednesday--yeah, that's the ticket!

thank goodness for coffee and ibuprofen. it really sucks that I can't take most sinus meds now. really and truly. sinus surgery happens to be one of my personal heroes, but still. sometimes you want the instant gratification, no?

oh, and? HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE WARD! :)

1 comments:

Nick said...

Hey two things:
1. When is the next practice for RTI softball?
2. Would you mind if I tagged along on Wed. if you went to the batting cages? I'm really rusty! (If I'm in town)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio