Wednesday, April 25, 2007

lapsus linguae?

a slip of the tongue.

so, I started searching for tongue quotes, and I found this. it's kinda cool if you're a word-nerd like me! and I decided to stick with what I already knew, the good ol' trusty latin, and latin moments.

anyhoo, went to the dentist yesterday to get two crowny-crown-crowns. they are adjacent to one another and so they just made one big one, which is WEIRD. it'll be separate when they do the permanent ones though. anyhoo, while there the told me that I have a very strong tongue.

[insert witty comment here.]

yeah.

I had a hard time finding a picture of a tongue that didn't make me go "people don't want to look at my blog and see that," so I give you this:


I heart Einstein. And number theory. And 3-aliquot trees. And the number 42.
(though I must say I hate calculus. and heat transfer. and mean people.)

also, learned a new word yesterday, courtesy of my friend/co-worker/teammate Andrea--abattoir. beer + food + porch + nice weather = good times, peeps. 'cept we just might have been having the nerdiest conversation in the bar--we talked about above-mentioned 3-aliquot tree, and perfect, amicable and sociable numbers. man oh man. hello, linear alegbra.

and while looking up 42, I found this in wikipedia...
"It was later pointed out by readers that 6 × 9 = 42 if the calculations are performed in base 13, not base 10. Douglas Adams later averred that he was not aware of this at the time, and repeatedly dismisses this as an irrelevant concoction, saying that 'nobody writes jokes in base 13 [...] I may be a pretty sad person, but I don't make jokes in base 13.' "

made me giggle. and then makes me ashamed since I am a nerd who found that hilarious. apparently, also, forty-two is a dominoes game. think I'm gonna have to learn, yup yup. and I love it that google is all about the 42 as well. see?

okay, maybe this post had the wrong title. maybe it should have been 42. or maybe it should have been your friend carrie is a geek who talks a lot. but in any case, in the words of the great Hudson, "it is what it is."

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio