Wednesday, April 11, 2007

i need a man.

so, this is one of those times I wish I were technologically inclined. y'see, I have this fancy-schmance tv, right? and this awesomely cute little sound system. it was a treat to self earlier this year. and it was all good 'cept if I played a DVD there was this hum on the speakers. so I thought I would use my rocktastic engineering troubleshooting know-how to whip this bad boy into shape. um, yeah...guess I forgot how much technology and I don't get along.

oh, if I play by the rules we can manage okay. I mean, I can operate a computer or a toaster or whatever. But if I want to do something like, say, burn a data dvd or use a command prompt or put in a bagel instead of bread, suddenly all things with microchips or plug-ins or wires turn against me. It all started with a curling iron that burned my forehead...and it's been downhill from there.

yesterday evening after work I went to the batting cages with two of my teammates, Andrew and Nick. We had fun, hit some balls and talked good-natured junk to one another. I even managed to hit the ball back through the hole where the pitch comes out--which was our goal for the evening and earned me a beer! We had dinner together and I introduced them to the yummyness that is Uno's chicken fajita pizza.


then Nick took me to pick up his thanks-for-taking-pictures-of-my-dad's-awesome-car gift to me--(ps, this is last week's comh, okay?) this lovely coffee mug. Two of the things I enjoy most are the color pink and blue bell icecream. :) Now if only I could have some blue bell icecream...road trip anyone?


anyhoo. Like you didn't already know this, I love all things colorful, and this looks GLORIOUS with the rest of my mugs. Also? I'm so pleased Audrey introduced me to the concept of eating icecream out of coffee mugs--'cause that's so what I'm going to do! and I've gotta say, I find great humor in putting my Trinity UMC and PGUMC mugs beside my MoSex mug (that one's the black one behind the trinity one). I think it's blissfully silly...

so, back to the television ridiculousness. I have a mere THREE things with plugs that I have to contend with--the cable box, the TV and my sound system. It shouldn't be that complicated, right? but it is, it is. after batting, after dinner, after the coffee mug and after talking to Susan I wanted to watch an episode of the gilmore girls and go to bed. This was my brilliant plan. Instead I wrestled with the damn cords for AN HOUR before getting so annoyed that I just placed everything on the ground and went upstairs to bed. Yes, I went to bed angry--but the anger was directed at an inanimate object, so I think I'm okay, right? quite honestly, and I'm soooo not ashamed to admit it, this is one of those times that I could really use a man--they all seem to be able to just magically make the electronic things work. And since I've admitted that to Paul, my fellow ChE and coworker, I figger I can admit it to y'all too.

to sum up:
I've got a TV that will only give me cable picture or sound. not both.
I have eleventeen cables haphazardly thrown/placed in my living room.
and, to quote Ringo, "I've got blisters on my fingers!"

so much for that whole painting and playing the geetar idea, eh?

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio