Tuesday, April 10, 2007

i love your funny face your sunny, funny face.
for you're a cutie with more than beautie. you've got a lot of per-son-a-li-ty.

So, a brief update. Incase you didn't already know, I’ve been dating a 6th grade Science teacher and soccer coach/player named Matt. He’s the one took me bowling and gave me the stop-killing-the-pins pointer, and I only beat him when he played left-handed. (though I was disappointed he didn’t switch at the end and say “I am not left-handed!” in true Princess Bride style. But at least when I pointed it out to him he began spouting PB quotes with vim and vigor.) and anyhoo.

Last night we watched this:

Funny Face. Have you seen it?

Tres cute. And, well, funny. Plus it’s a musical with Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn, and what more could you ask for? I mean, Fred dances with an umbrella—which is marvelous! The costumes are pretty dang cool, too. And I seriously want someone to go out into the middle of a beautiful landscape with me, while I'm wearing a pretty poofy dress, and dance with me—especially across a little river. It’s a good movie. You should see it.

I heart musicals. I think I’m on a kick. Next is Annie Get Your Gun. And My Fair Lady. And Rent. Any other musical recommendations?

and for good measure, a list:
~my teeth are really pissing me off. I have to pay so much for 'em, dangit. I heard this advertisement on wknc about feedthepig.org, and how last year was the first time since just before the great depression that americans spent more than they earned. at first I felt bad about this, but then I though about how I'm spending $1100+ on my teeth just this month alone.
~I think I've changed my mind about my career path again, at least a little. I've decided it's dumb to move to Florida until I know that I have been accepted into law school. If I moved there before getting in, and then didn't get in, that wouldn't be worth my time, money or energy. So instead? Masters at State. And then we'll see. I know I keep changing my mind, but guess what? Better to change my mind a billion times than go down the wrong path. And if you're annoyed or whatever 1) you don't have to read this and 2) if this were about a guy to marry instead of school, you'd completely understand.
~i think my former acquaintance is involved in a pyramid scheme. not sure, but I'm supposed to call him back and he sounded all salesman-ee on the message. weirdness. he's a fellow TU alum.
~i want to paint some more. maybe I'll do it tonight.


mmmm. enough of carrie's random thoughts. please suggest musicals. :)

5 comments:

The Writer said...

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dreamcoat - made sure its on Netflix. It's my all time favorite CD to sing in the car.

;)

Corrie said...

Have you ever seen "The Unsinkable Molly Brown"? It was one of my FAVORITE musicals when I was a kid. I have it in my queue on Netflix! Also, have you ever seen "Funny Girl" and/or "The Way We Were"? Those are also high on my list!

SJ said...

My favorites are Little Shop of Horrors or Rocky Horror Picture Show.



...or the Buffy musical. I know, I know. I'm weird.

Renee B. said...

"american in paris" (well, anything with gene kelly!), "hello dolly", you've seen "singin' inthe rain", right? "guys and dolls", um...there are lots more.

sorry i haven't called you back! i do love you i've just been busy with school work and work work. will call soon! love you!

Anonymous said...

Meet Me in St. Louis is a must-see, anything with Gene Kelly, although American in Paris is not one I would recommend seeing "first." State Fair is excellent, as well as Oklahoma and The King and I. Stay away from Carousel--the songs are great, the story is just plain weird. For Me and My Gal, Summer Stock, Brigadoon, Take Me Out to the Ballgame, Neptune's Daughter (hi-larious)...I could go on about musicals forever.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio