Monday, March 26, 2007

my friends make me giggle.

"your life is like an episode of the hills...in north carolina." -sterling
"now all you need to do is get in a fight with your best friend..." -marla, after telling her sterling's quote

"ooh, yeah, but when we fight we'll hafta wear those maternity-looking shirts and carry coach purses." -(best friend) jessica, after telling her sterling's and marla's quotes

"hahahahahahahaha! lol!" -jackie

golly, what a day. i'm not going to elaborate, but I will tell you that you should probably not play "never have I ever" with me, 'cause now I've got a good one. :) also, yikes. luckily, I had a nice long drive during which I could talk to lots of people. thank goodness for cell phones.

so this weekend, went to DC. we had a whole lot of fun--took an impromptu nighttime tour of DC (aka I got lost, but the monuments are pretty at night!), ate really good food, had my ass kicked at pool (seriously, matt switched from playing stripes to solids on the last game when he got to the eight ball--but at least I won with my EXTREME lead that he'd given me!), went to the smithsonian (that planetarium is awesome--did you know that the moon resulted from a collision?!?) and the spy museum (which I can't tell you about or I'd have to kill you), drank beer from a 32oz mason jar, had my first genuine melting pot experience (yum!), took pictures in maryland, went to ikea (!) and had a banana latte. here are some silly pics from the weekend.

also, do y'all say "home again, home again, jiggity jig" or "home again, home again, lickety split?" oh, and this there was A LOT of talk/teasing about me and my oklahoma accent. a LOT.

and jessica? well, she had a bridal shower on thursday planned by the loverly ladies renee and leanne. I sent flowers, (which got there late!) and sophie, leanne's cat, posed glamorously for a photo with them. cute, no? also, shout out to leanne for getting my shipping charge refunded! :D



oh, and my aunt carolyn? sigh. let me just tell y'all this--friend to friend--please never go on a ninety day fast "'cause it's just something you wanted to do once in your life." people, that doesn't EVER work out well. I really wonder when I'll start exhibiting the crazy streak that clearly runs in my family. I mean, I love them and I love being a part of them, but there's a little bit o' the wacko in all of us it seems, and that means I'm likely not an exception. also? shudder. anyhoo. she's going to be just fine, so that's good.

carrie=hap-hap-happy today. I like being happy. :D

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio