Tuesday, March 27, 2007

babe-ehs!

that's what sterling and I are going to call our canadian love children--babe-ehs. heh. we be funny, man.

so, today I am thankful for the telephone. See? telephone.

okay, mine sooooo doesn't look quite like that, but that picture is cuter, so let's roll with it. anyhoo. i like the phone. i like talking on it. it's a good way of keeping in touch. and with the advent of cell phones? amazing! included long distance, call waiting and text messages, oh my!

people even write poems about it (well sorta) remember this gem, eletelephony, by Laura E. Richards?

Once there was an elephant,
Who tried to use the telephant-
No! no! I mean an elephone
Who tried to use the telephone-
(Dear me! I am not certain quite
That even now I've got it right.)

Howe'er it was, he got his trunk
Entangled in the telephunk;
The more he tried to get it free,
The louder buzzed the telephee-
(I fear I'd better drop the song
Of elephop and telephong!)

But aye, here's the rub: I've used my phone for hooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuurrrs over the past two days. hours and hours and hours. having lots of convos I've very much enjoyed. y'know, about boys and girls and movies and science class assignments. talking on the phone is fun. and if you're lucky, funny. and believe me when I tell you that I've genuinely appreciated the miracle that is. I talked to some damn wonderful people last night (and betsy, the wine we shared was wonderful--ha!).

and here's a convo snippet:
him: I think I'd have to tackle the dog. I mean, I would feel awful hitting and animal.
me: yeah, me too. i'm kind of an animal lover, y'know.
him: [insert sarcasm here] oh, so that's why you have two cats.
me: oh, no, it's 'cause I really loooove the smell of clean cat litter.
him: no kidding. they should totally bottle that and sell it.

heh. with convos like that, how could one not love talking on the phone, I ask? but in all honesty, I think I might be feeling less like Laura Richards and more like Cake...

No phone, no phone I just want to be alone today No phone, no phone

maybe to let the crick in my neck go away. just for a day. stretch it out. because that combined with my left arm, which is either sore from driving or from sleeping funny, means that I should probably take a teensy tiny brain break from the phone-ee-ness.

and for you, a joke:
how did the telephone propose to his girlfriend?


he gave her a ring.

yeah, you know you love it. lates.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio