Friday, February 02, 2007

rules to live by

1. don't go to bed angry.
2. don't call people when you've got a case of thinking crazy sh*t.

this is the diagnosis after I considered making a phone call last night. thanks renee, jess and sterling for your intervention. also, it's okay to have crazy sh*t. everyone does. (yes, even you!) but you've just gotta be careful about with whom you elect to share it...

I am soooo buying some of these kids today--they make me happy. I heart Oklahoma, really I do.
And mucho thankage goes to Katie for being the photographer last night. I'm quite pleased because yesterday I got to use my creme brulee torch for the first time! (thanks, Tuck!) I got it at the end of college but I was made to leave the butane in Owasso and I hadn't been able to find a refill cartidge (williams sonoma sells the torch but not replacement cartridges--what is that?!?). But the one from Target worked just fine, and now I have it! I'm going to start using more of the light brown sugar though. The tops didn't crack enough. Have you seen Amelie? It cracks right in that movie. I'm a bit picky about it.

Also, thanks to Ariel for teaching us how to play Bourre! If you like spades I think you'd like this game, too. And I got to use my cute new deck of pink cards. I love them!

nataliedee.com made me giggle today. I very rarely have diet soda (I usually take mine leaded if I have it, but I'm much more likely to drink an Izze), but I'd totally drink it out of a clean erlynmeyer flask--which, by the way, this is. it's not a beaker like the title says. oh my goodness I'm a gigantissimus nerd. anyhoo, here's the funnies.


and I totally copied Kat. If you take your little mousee and put it over one of my links a little window will pop up that shows you what the page looks like--so you can tell if it's been updated! how fun is that?!?

also, I am SERIOUSLY considering getting a personalized license plate. I've always wanted one even though they cost more--Anna and I thought about getting DBLTRBL for our '65 Impala, and Justin and I talked about getting license plates one day that said--1Kita, 2Kita, RedKita, BluKita. And now? I really think I might get one that says this:

there are three reasons. can you guess them?

3 comments:

The Writer said...

Hi. Why'd you use brown sugar? Is that what the receipe called for? My dad made some for Christmas one year and put it outside (in the garage on the car) because the fridge was full and it turned into mush. Very sad. And we had gotten him a torch thing too for a present. How sad :( Like the car thing. Can you do "." though?

care said...

the recipe calls for light brown sugar on top of the creme brulee. the inside of it has regular sugar.

and I can do the "." I am soooooo tempted. soooooo.

Anonymous said...

Because it's Avocado's number! DUH!







:)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio