Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It was [seven] years ago today, sgt. pepper taught the band to play…

~lennon and mccartney

Today is a big part of the reason why I don’t like February. Sometimes I wish that it would pass without me noticing, but it never ever does. Thank goodness a lot of it is only a fuzzy recollection. So I try to remember the good things about my dad, and that helps. But it makes my heart heavy, and my eyes water a little bit anyway.

so, onto happier topics. and listage. because I don't want to spend the day all mopey. :D

  1. I am PUMPED about going to Dallas tomorrow. PUMPED, I tell you.
  2. I had a guitar lesson yesterday. I thought I’d gotten over a lot of my perfectionist-ic tendencies, but alas, I have not. But now I have some finger exercises, and it hurts to type with my left pointer—but I kind of think it’s a good hurt.
  3. The clouds were AWESOME this morning. It was sunny, but the clouds were grayish and kinda fluffy. It made me think of Oklahoma.
  4. I am doing an experiment. It involves a guy who is a real, genuine player. And I am getting a lot of amusement out of it. Don’t worry, I’m not being mean or anything, just gauging responses.
  5. My new apartmentie Michelle and I are getting along swimmingly. Last night we had salmon, couscous and mixed veggies for dinner. Mmmmmm.
  6. Yesterday I got commissioned work as a photographer. A guy I kinda sorta know from my softball team saw my photos after he found me on myspace, and has asked me to photograph the 1965 mustang that his family owns. It’s his dad’s bday in April, and they may be selling the car soon, so he wants me to capture it for them. This is EXCITING! And I’m trying to decide if it qualifies for completing resolution #4 or not.
  7. Tonight is LOST!!!


Also, I have decided to give up procrastination for Lent. I mean, it’s not that I’m going to be 100% efficient 100% of the time, BUT. I am going to be a non-procrastinator. Starting today. First step: register for the GRE. I just have to decide if I’d rather take it on a Friday or a Monday. Hmm hmm. Then, I’m going to place a follow-up phone call to find out about the JD/MS program. And then, who knows??? Maybe being a non-procrastinator will suit me! And I figure I'm going to be a lot more in tune with whatever I should be doing if I get moving on it!

oh, wednesday, why can’t you be over already? why, why, why? Tomorrow will be a much better day, I just know it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since it's 4am Thursday where I'm at in the world, I can tell you that tomorrow will be a good day! :)

Anonymous said...

you know....you are considered among some "circles" you belong to, to be a player yourself!

care said...

um, anon, that's laughable, 'cause I'm no player. and you? you need a dictionary.

I almost deleted your comment, but instead I'd like to make sure you know what a player actually IS.

http://tinyurl.com/29xx2r for a defintion.

or, take this one from answers.com "One who actively seeks out sexual partners and carries on a number of sexual affairs at the same time."

going out on lots of dates with different does not make you a player. a flirt, perhaps, but not a player. have you considered that maybe they were just a lot of bad dates?

now, if I were sleeping with all those people, that would be one thing. I'm not pretending to like people. And I'm not lying.

but you wanna know who the last person I got busy with was? otto, when we were still together.

therefore, not a player.

asshole.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio