Tuesday, February 20, 2007

does this tuesday make me look fat?

I learned something on sunday: fat tuesday is also shrove tuesday AND pancake day. I like it that they're having a pancake dinner at my church, which is tres fun, even if I don't get to go 'cause I have guitar lessons.

I'm not certain what I'm giving up for lent. I briefly considered blogging, and then decided that was dumb. :) I thought about giving up Gilmore Girls (because I'm addicted) and I may do that, but I'm thinking about giving up procrastinating, maybe. I'm very good at that. procrastinating, that is, not giving up things.

I do think I'll never come up with a better thing to give up for Lent than I did my sophomore year of college (at least I think it was then. I'm pretty sure it wasn't my freshman year. I think that year I gave up calculus.). For that forty days I decided to give up worrying. The amount of time I freed up by not worrying was INCREDIBLE. When people asked and I told them they gave me some pretty crazy looks when I said, "yeah, I'm giving up worrying for Lent." But seriously? Couldn't've asked for a better thing to do.

moving on.

so, my guitar playing? well, I now know three-point-five-ish chords. but I'm really annoyed. at my ring finger. "Ring Man" in the thumbkin song. That fourth one. (that's three in guitar-land) The one with that vein or whatever that goes to the heart. So, I'm having trouble with it--I can't press the strings right, and instead of changing the pitch I just end up muting the string. Oddly enough, my ring fingers have been a problem for every instrument I've played--the piano, the flute and now the guitar. I couldn't press the keys "pretty enough" in piano, I had to put the hole stops back in my open-hole-flute and now I cannot press the strings right. Apparently it's shaped funny, moves funny and kinda weak. hmmm....

I'm sure someone could make a huge metaphor about my problems with my ring finger, but I'm not gonna, coz that's not how I roll. but anyhoo.

happy fat tuesday, kiddos.

oooh, and. I am a skosh concerned about the admission stuff for the JD/MS program I'm interested in, but I'm thinking it might work out after all. I read the fine print. :)

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio