Thursday, February 15, 2007

for the love of

~all that is holy.
~the safety of those around me.
~my eardrums.
~and my sanity.

STOP!!!!

I am presently sitting at my desk with earplugs in my ears. At least they’re blue and yellow so they go ever-so-nicely with my Tulsa sweatshirt. But really, I shouldn’t have to wear ear protection at my desk. There’s positively no reason for that, none at all. I mean, I work in a cube and it gets loud, but this is o-o-c.

The man in the office across from my cube has been talking for nearly an hour and a half straight. Loudly. And he’s used the word “essentially” approximately eleventy hundred million billion fafillion times.

I have seriously considered removing my eardrums, robbing myself of all future music listening, just so I don’t have to listen to him speak anymore. And you all know how much I love music.

I am tired.
And my head hurt when I woke up.
And it hurts even more now that he won’t shut the eff up.
I am losing it.

and?

I can’t listen to my music ‘cause I’ve got to do this thing that involves lots of reading and understanding, and I find it difficult to read with music if the music has words. Which all of mine does.

So I just wish that just for a moment just maybe he would please please please shut his pie hole. Seriously. I mean, I’m sure that God wants him to, right? Otherwise it might drive me into a fit, and I’m not sure He wants that so much.

Goodness gracious I wish it were Friday. No, Saturday. And that I were sleeping.

Oh, and Renee? I just thought of “holy cow.” :)

ugh.

perkier post presently, once his Researchness stops uttering and I can remove these earplugs. I YEARN for the sound of silence. And not the simon and garfunkel kind.

le sigh.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio