Friday, January 26, 2007

your mother is always right.

um. yeah, that's a lie. not only because I don't necessarily know your mother (okay, well actually I have met quite a few of your mothers, but that's beside the point) but also because some day, if/when I'm a mother, I sure as heck hope that I'm not expected to be right all the time.

but my mom is right. and if my granny is PLEASED that I'm going to drop my class, and I know it's the right thing to do, then I should just do it. and I have. and I'll give back the scholarship money easy-as-pie (which, apparently, is a British phrase) , as long as I don't have to take this stinking class.

because I don't want to, it makes me stressed and unhappy, I'm not learning the material and I have a gut feeling about it. please see resolution number 6. technically I just withdrew from the university, which is extra super odd for me, but it's soooo the right thing. soooo.

instead? focus on photography and the GRE. which I STILL need to take. but I will be much much happier plastering my walls with notecards of vocab words than I will be if I keep taking this class.

weight.
off.
of.
shoulders.
and.
I.
like.
it.

tonight I'm seeing The Complete Works of Shakespeare (abridged). I think it's supposed to be good and funny--and I hope they're right!

ooh, and, the title makes me think of something REAL dumb I did when I was, oh, let's say eight? I saw a button, a little button like the ones indie rock bands like to give out, about the size of a quarter and it said, "I'm the mommy, that's why." Despite the fact that "mommy" wasn't spelled right (my mom is a Mommie. I, too, will be a Mommie someday, should I have kids. It's a thing--"ie" is more fun than "y," wethinks.) I bought my mom the button. Let me tell you, the next few weeks would have made for a few good punchlines in Gilmore Girls--because ALL THE TIME I heard, "I'm the mommy, that's why." Good. Freaking. Ness.

anyhoo. funny memory. AND? I found a picture that makes me think of the pin I gave her. yikes.



happy weekending, dears.

2 comments:

Renee B. said...

good for you dropping that class! doesn't it feel good to make a decision that you KNOW if right? (see: renee leaving NYU...) and you will be FINE on the GRE. you have a large vocabulary, you know your math, you're a good writer.

i saw "the complete works...(abridged)" in london. i thought it was hilarious. i hope you do to!

brooke knight said...

i thought shakespeare abridged was great too. sounds like you made the right decision on the class! congrats on trusting your gut!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio