Saturday, January 27, 2007

love quadrilateral

so, I feel like I don't usually have *normal* issues--well, not issues, exactly, 'cause those have negative connotations, but you get the idea. anyhoo.

I think I'm in a love quadrilateral (and thank you, jessica, for coining that term!)

of course I looked up quadrilateral on wikipedia, and I'm pretty sure mine's "complex," which is sooooo appropriate. (see diagram below!) it's not all connected, y'see...there's some parts that don't go together (and mine, for the record, doesn't all connect--it has that center to it.) and, ironically enough, seeing as how I saw some abriged bard last night, the term "love quadrilateral" is oft used to describe the characters in "A Midsummer Night's Dream."


speaking of which, the play was HYSTERICAL. It started off slow, but by the time they did hamlet for the second time I was laughing so hard I was crying. and the part with Ophelia's scream was AWESOME-did y'all have that happen too? all in all? all good.

anyhoo, love triangle and quadrilaterals and rhombi and dodecahedrons and whatever make me think of another thing I've been meaning to blog about. what the hell is up with this "modernization" of Archie comics? There's kind of a love triangle/quadrilateral going on with them too...depending on Reggie's involvement.

but what? Betty as Britney? say it ain't so, say it ain't so!!!

they look so much better like this. even if it's not "good," at least it's classic...
That just makes me sad. Because I read a GAZILLION Archie comics when I was little (and I still have a huge box of them at my mom's house in Tulsa) and I used to always always want to be Betty. She was my hero, of sorts--she was your girl-next-door, cute but a brain, a blonde, crafty and friendly and could play musix--AND she was mechanically inclined. I wanted to BE Betty Cooper. Y'know, maybe I will be for Halloween...anybody wanna be my Veronica? Or my Archie?

but anyway, what's with this new image for the comics thing, eh? no good, methinks. no good at all.

ooh, and, for all you word-o-philes out there...did you know that the love triangle, when depicted in a movie or whatever, is actually called Betty and Veronica Syndrome? Bet they never knew the impact they'd have when they started that comic, huh? and although in the archie comics veronica was always picked, maybe this time it will be the Betty? If she even decides that's what she wants...guess only time will tell. And good news is I've got time in spades...

eh, enough waxing un-profound for Carrie today. It's time to take a little tiny nap, exercise and get ready for dinner at church, followed by sushi and drinking with the girls. :D

1 comments:

Turner said...

etf? you drop a love-triangle bomb on us and then don't give us any details? not cool!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio